Migrating My Mail

Reaction score
Alliteration!

I recently did an Erase and Install for Leopard because I was having some problems. I backed up using Time Machine and did the E and I. I used Migration Assistant upon initial start up.

Here's the problem: I got my Mail "subfolders" that were kept "on my mac" via the mail folder in my old library but they have no content. None of my emails are in the folder, just the name of the folder exists.

Does anyone know what I have to look for to pull the content back? Thanks.

Lee

OP
H
Reaction score
Hey quick update. When going through the finder I can see the messages until each folder. It's a .emlx. When I double click on the message it does come up like a regular email. I just can't view the message in the folder under "on my mac"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Did you try just importing them back into Mail with the "Import" option under the "Mailbox" menu?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Yay! My first instance of helping out a fellow Mac-er! :) Glad it worked...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to specify! :)
I'm having a similar problem (but with OS 10.4.11). When I import the mailboxes, Mail only creates an empty mailbox. However, when I browse to the mail folder in finder, I see all of the messages in .emlx format. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to specify! :)
nevermind, I ran a rebuild on the mailboxes and the messages showed up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.