tiger upgrade and iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac
just spent the last 2hrs. looking for iphoto on the mac to no avail and think found out why but want to confirm. when did a clean erase install upgrade(months ago) from jaguar to tiger, iphoto is not included. and is included in a separate package with a program or app called ilife, does this sound somewhat right? btw, did hear of a site that can possibly get but do have a program called image capture, will that app work just as good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
iPhoto is not part of the Apple OS (Tiger, Jaguar, Leopard), it is, in fact, a separate program that you purchase separately -- iLife. It would be on the original installation disks that came with your computer, however. You could use Pacifist to extract just that app, but it would be an older version than what is out there now. So, if you want a newer version, you will have to purchase it.

Image Capture should be included on your installation disks that you got with your computer. It is not a substitute for iLife or iPhoto, but does what it does really well. Many more options for organizing, editing, etc. in iPhoto. Image Capture does pretty much that -- capture images. There are a few other things it does, and can be really helpful, but most assuredly not a robust as iPhoto.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac
thanks for the help, skybolt, with me being new at all this it had me going, for some reason it would show up as a folder when used the spotlight feature, (guess that part i won't need to get),. anyway it's all good that i should be able to get by with image capture (hope it's a winner), and will have to, when get time, check into doing some of the things that u mentioned, curious to see what this ilife is all about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.