dropped iPhone and now it doesn't work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Well just now when I got home I open my door to my truck and my iPhone falls out and smashes. I picked it up and it looked fine but I noticed then that the power button on top is stuck in the "engaged" (for lack of a better word) position. Now it's just in a continuous loop of turning off and on and I can't control anything. Is there anything I can do? I made a reservation at my local Apple store for tomorrow morning but I'm wondering if they'll even be able to replace the parts. I know it was my fault so I'm willing to pay for whatever I need. Anybody have any idea on what it will cost?

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can anyone help meee???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I don't know. My immediate guess would be that a Genius would try to see if the button could be easily unjammed right there in the store. If so, great! Probably you wouldn't even be charged.

Otherwise, you'd probably get at least the minimal service charge for an iPhone. I'll make the wild guess you're looking at $50 to $70 for starters. Assuming they replace the switch, you could be looking at another $50. If there's other damage to the phone, then the cost goes up from there. Going this route probably means they need to ship it out, so you'd be without it for a few days at least; figure it will be out for a week at least.

So sorry about your iPhone. They're normally pretty resilient, but the wrong impact can obviously have bad consequences.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply. My main concern was that they would even be able to do anything about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.