Lemon?

Reaction score
Now some may say that 3 repairs (Camera + Logic Board, Top Case, and the display case now needs to be repaired) and a battery replacement isn't too bad (something I wouldn't have expected when I first bought a mac...), but it is really becoming a hassle to get my computer repaired every 2 months or so. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in convincing apple to replace their computer. I am pretty much convinced that the entire case of my computer has some manufacturing defect since it cracks and is discolored (even the replaced part, and yes I take very good care of my computer). I am going into the apple store to see if they can quickly replace my display case, and maybe talk about replacement / inspection of the computer. I am running the sound for a play off the laptop next week, so I definitely cannot send it in, and I also don't want any possibility of anything happening to it. Also a side note, I have upgraded my ram with OWC ram, should I swap in the standard ram before going into the apple store? Or are they fine with upgraded ram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I would definitely ask for a complete replacement. If your Mac were a car, I am sure you would be covered under lemon laws. I have heard reports that if you purchase AppleCare and have that many issues, they replace the whole machine, no questions asked. Having never purchased AppleCare, I cannot validate that report. Nonetheless, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by asking. You are not having the typical (or the expected) Mac experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I got my computer replaced, but that was only after getting 5 repairs for the same problem. I had to call and speak to a supervisor before they would give a replacement as an option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.