I Have Mac Driver For Belkin Usb Wireless N Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
T
Reaction score
I need the PID and VID of your Belkin F5D 8053 Wireless N USB Adapter. Instruction on how to find this information are on page one. Please send me this information and I will send you the drivers for the adapter. Thank you.
Daniel aka totallybonkers

Reaction score
Thank you Daniel. The drivers work well. I'm posting this reply with them.

Note for complete noobs:
If, like myself, you're a complete noob to the Mac you might want to switch off the security settings on your router at the start. Once you know you can connect to the internet you can re-enable the security settings. I had some difficulty with 128bit-WEP and WPA2. It's most likely my fault not the drivers. Will try again later or will stick to 64bit-WEP.

Later...
WPA-PSK TKIP is working great (thanks RedmondMacFan). I have to set the Configure method option to Manually in the Network pane since I get weird assignments with Using DCHP when using security higher than 64bitWEP. No big problem though.

Amanda

Reaction score
Thanks all for the info...I hope they work for mine. I will respond shortly with request for help or two thumbs up!

Reaction score
Two thumbs up to TotallyBonkers for his work/acquisition of the drivers for the F5D 8053 Wireless N Adaptor made by Belkin. I use a 24" iMac with 4 GB of memory and the 2.4 GHz processor, operating on the Mac OS X 10.5.2. I also have my HP m7767c desktop running on XP Pro and Mac OS X 10.5.2.

I bought the Belkin N USB dongle because of the price, but could only get it to operate with windows. After many weeks of searching, I finally was referred to this post from another forum. I sent Totally the info asked for, he emailed the drivers to me, and with his directions and drivers; both machines were operating with the Belkin adapter flawlessly.

Many thanks for your assistance...

Reaction score
If Using a PC to connect to AirPort Extreme?

I have a different issue but cannot seem to find an answer even with Belkins customer support. My roomate has an Apple Setup and is using the AirPort Extreme as the wireless router. I just moved in and have a PC and am trying to connect to the Airport Extreme using the F5D8053 connected to my PC. I have downloaded the latest driver from Belkins website along with the windows update for SP2 wifi access. Using the Belkin utility or even windows setup I can see the AirPort's network and can connect by entering in the password but I get two options. One if I have the PC aquire an IP address it comes up with no connection. Or two, if I assign a static IP address based on what the Airport assigns I get connection but then cannot use the internet. We have tried using different setups but with no luck. So wanted to know if you have come across any issues with PC's using the Belkin F5D8053 connecting to an Apple or if it is not compatible that way. Here is all the setup information:

Her Apple AirPort Extreme Settings:

Apple Base Station V5.7

AirPort Tab
Wireless Security: WPA2 Personal
(Using a Password w/ WPA and WPA2 Encryption Type)
(Create a closed network is not checked)
Channel: Automatic
Mode: 802.11b/g Compatible

Internet Tab
Connect using: Ethernet
Configured Using DHCP

Network Tab
Distribute IP addresses setup with the:
Share a single IP address (using DHCP and NAT) option
Use 192.168.1.1 addressing selected

Also the Base Station Name and AirPort Network Name are different. Should these be identical?

My Windows XP PC Setup:

Using Belkin N Wireless F5D8053 USB Adapter
ID 12746805307624
ver. 3000
Utility Version 2.1.0.0
Driver Version 1.0.4.0

Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Setting
I have the IP Address setup to auto assign

Under Wireless Network Key Properties
Network Authentication: WPA-PSK
Data Encryption: TKIP
Network Key: (The Password)

Other Options I can use and have tried are:
Network Authentication: WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK
Data Encyption: TKIP or AES

I have tried every possible combination w/ both auto-assigned IPs and static IP. I can connect directly to the AirPort and get on the internet with my laptop but my PC tower is in the other room and would like to be able to use the Belkin N Wireless Adapter. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide and if more info is needed just let me know.

Reaction score
I HAD RECENTLY WRITTEN TO Ralink about providing drivers for my Belkin 8053 wireless N usb dongle. They use the Ralink 2770 chipset. They where very helpful and provided me with a working driver. I am using the driver and my Belkin USB wireless N dongle to post this. I wish to upload the drivers so that others will have this option. It gives me the new faster N speed on my iBook G4.
I am using the Leopard drivers but also included are Tiger drivers. So where should I go to make these drivers accessable to other MAC users. For what ever reason I don't see them on Ralink's website yet.
Thanks Daniel

I emailed totallybonkers about these drivers. He was really nice about everything and I had my drivers the next morning. I'm using the prehistoric Titanium PowerBook G4 (867MHz) running 10.3.9 Panther with the Belkin F5D8053 adapter. I haven't seen my link quality drop below 100%, and my signal strength is sitting at a steady 99%. This is the first time I've actually been able to get this machine on wireless.

Thanks a million Dan. :D :D

OP
T
Reaction score
PID and VID

Hello,
Things have changed since the original driver. I now have six different drivers for the Belkin F5D 8053 Wireless N USB adapter and require the VID and PID in order to send people the correct one. So please be sure to include the PID and VID when you request the driver. This is how you go about finding that information.
With your Belkin F5D 8053 Wireless N USB adapter plugged in to your MAC,
Click on Apple icon in the upper left corner >About This
MAC>More Info... >USB> then on the right side highlight F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter by clicking on it >below, at the bottom is Product ID: AND Vendor ID
Please copy down the numbers and letters and send them in an email to [email protected] This will tell me that we are on the right track. Once I confirm the VID and PID. I will send the drivers your way.
Thanks Daniel

Reaction score
Worked Great! THANKS!

Pretty easy install. Thanks for your help! :D

Mac Mini - 1.42 Mhz Power PC G4
512MB RAM
OS X 10.5.2

Reaction score
I HAD RECENTLY WRITTEN TO Ralink about providing drivers for my Belkin 8053 wireless N usb dongle. They use the Ralink 2770 chipset. They where very helpful and provided me with a working driver. I am using the driver and my Belkin USB wireless N dongle to post this. I wish to upload the drivers so that others will have this option. It gives me the

Daniel, Can I use this this driver for Belkin N1 wireless Usb Adapter too?
Thanks Gophish99

OP
T
Reaction score
Drivers for Belkin F5D 8053 Wireless N Only

No I'm afraid not. The original drivers nor do any of the others work with that adapter. Sorry. But that does open up a topic....
Many people have written me looking for drivers for this adapter or that one. There are hundreds of adapters out there. And requests for drivers other than the Belkin F5D 8053 Wireless N are filling up my mailbox. I understand your struggle and frustration but I am offering drivers for the BELKIN F5D 8053 WIRELESS N USB ADAPTER only. Just keeping up with people who have this adapter keeps me busy. I have sent a driver out to literally hundreds of people.
I can vouch as others have that the Belkin F5D 8053 Wireless N works on Macs with USB 2.0
So if you have recently purchased an adapter that you can't find Mac drivers for, try to exchange it for the Belkin F5D 8053 Wireless N adapter. Then I can help you to get online with it. Otherwise I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Reaction score
I had recently bought a first generation mac mini to attach to a LCD TV in my living room and use it as a music/media hub. The USB wireless G adapter the guy included with it was crap and would drop the connection every 5 minutes it seems. Anyway I went out and bought the Belkin wireless N (F5D 8053). I've always liked Belkin products and was dissapointed that it didn't work with macs and there were no drivers =( I did some searching and found this thread and emailed TotallyBonkers for his drivers. He emailed me back quick with the drivers and I have to say they have been working flawlessly for about a week now! Thanks man, you rock!

Reaction score
Drivers for Belkin USB N Wireless Adaptor

I downloaded the drivers from this user and they are working a treat. I use an iMac G4 using OS X Panther. I can't believe that Belking would sell a piece of hardware and not bother to produce drivers for the Mac. Anyway my problem is now solved and everything is working as it should - the way Mac users expect. It did take the 'dongle' a bit of jogging to wake up at first - I had to restart my computer :) a couple of times (memories of Microsoft!) but after a couple of tries there it was and it has been working like a charm ever since. Thanks totallybonkers.

Reaction score
Awesome

I have a:

Mac iBook
1.33 GHz PowerPC G4
512 MB RAM
OS X 10.4.11

I had tried an earlier version of the driver (found on a different forum) without any luck, so I was glad that this one worked out! The installation was straightforward and super easy, and I haven't had any problems with it at all. It sometimes takes a bit to to start up and connect again if the computer has been sleeping, but no biggie -- and it always does it eventually.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Driver please

Hi there

I have brought a Belkin N wireless USB Adapter model F5D8053 and need drivers to run it on my Mac.

My mac is running
OSX 10.4.11

Thankyou

Regards
Emmanuel

Reaction score
Kudos to Daniel;

I'm up and running with the Belkin on a PowerBook G4 and 10.4.11. Currently, I'm running G flavor, but soon I'll be trying N. I've not tried other security protocols, either. Daniel's software, installers and instructions were easy to use. My wireless is faster now (yay!). Only problem is sometimes the mac doesn't recognize the adapter after waking from sleep, so I have to replug it.

Still ... righteous.

OP
T
Reaction score
not recognized waking from sleep.

Did you create a profile? If so then try this when the adapter doesn't connect after the computer wakes up.... open USB wireless application. Click on Advanced tab. Click on Radio Off and then Radio on. Wait and it will connect.
You can also click on the profile tab. Highlight the profile you created by clicking on it once and then click Activate.
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.