I Have Mac Driver For Belkin Usb Wireless N Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i noticed on here that you were going to upload the drivers for the belkin. i am new at this forum so if you did and i just couldnt see it then i am sorry but if you could send me a link or something it would be greatly appreciated

OP
T
Reaction score
I can help.

Send your info to me. Go back and read the forum and send your PID VID to my email.
Daniel

Reaction score
i installed the driver on my new mac pro; however, the internet still did not work. most likely, my wireless router was too far and separated by too many walls and stories to establish a good connection with the dongle. i'm not sure what the problem was but thanks for the effort daniel. i appreciate it.

OP
T
Reaction score
too many floors?

madmanx92
I'm really sorry to hear that. I can pick up all of my neighbours routers. Even the ones across the street. You must have many floors in your building between you and the router you're trying to connect with.
On another note...thanks for writing in the forum.
I find it disappointing that people expect me to take the time to send them drivers, software, write them instructions and correspond with them, yet they can't take the time to return the favor by writing a few words in the forum so others can benifit from their experience. Very few of the many many people I have sent the drivers to have taken the time to write in the forum. Please people take a couple of minutes to write a few words. Thank you.
Daniel

Reaction score
AWESOME JOB for totallybonkers (daniel) ;-)

Daniel,

ZILLION THANKS to all the favors you've done for me, for the quick response to all my queries, for the easy instructions you gave me....for the GENIUS modification of the driver for my usb wirless dongle (EXCELLENT JOB!)

HATS OFF to A wonderful help from u DANIEL!

I owe you big time dude ;-)

ALL THE BEST,
Peach

Reaction score
Thanks!

Totallybonkers thanks so much for the driver, and continuous help! I am up and running thanks to you!

eliza

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 DP G5, 2.0 Blk MacBook
Huge Thank you and a thumbs down to Belkin

Daniel,
Many thanks for providing these drivers and tweaking them for the newer chipsets.
Your instructions couldn't be any easier and within 5 mins the G5 was surfing the N wave :) and the connection remains rock solid throughout.

In case it may help others here are my specs: 2.0 Dual PPC G5 running 10.5.2 with 3 GBs ram.

The only annoyance is that upon a cold boot or restart the antenna cannot find the network and requires me to unplug/plug the usb adapter. Only then will it show up under Site Survey. I did create a Profile alas clicking Activate does nothing. I thought that perhaps the fact i had my Network hidden was the problem alas disabling "Closed Netwok: did not help.
it would also be nice if Ralink's utility can remember the network password.

As for Belkin, would it kill them to simply add these drivers? Well evidently it would :/

Frank

OP
T
Reaction score
My Belkin adapter takes a little while to find my network when I first turn on the computer but usually does about ten seconds after everything else loads. On occasion it doesn't auto connect. Maybe this is because the signal is weaker or there is a lot of "noise". If it doesn't automatically connect, I highlight the profile I created and then click activate. That always works. It never asks me for my network password so I don't know what you've got going on there. In order to activate your profile you need to highlight the profile you created by clicking on it, then click activate. If your connection is lost when the computer goes to sleep all that is needed is to click advanced and turn the radio off then back on.
As for Ralink I don't know why but as of yet they aren't available for download from them.
Daniel

Reaction score
Thanks for the Drivers - worked like a charm

Daniel
Thanks for the drivers. Installed quickly and easily on a powerPC mini with OS-X 10.4...rebooted and the interface came up. Instructions were on the money...after drivers were loaded...went into network settings and ensured that dhcp was set...and then turned off the internal airport card...running on the N router now. Thanks again for your help and the drivers...and sorry again for the mixup on the mail. :D

Reaction score
Daniel,

Thank you so much for the OS X driver installation files and clear instructions. I bought the Belkin 5FD8053 N adapter to upgrade my wireless connection on an older model PowerBook G4 DVI running Panther (10.3.9). I am using the Belkin N1 Vision wireless router for our home network with a Mac mini running Tiger (10.4.11), 2 Windows Vista laptops, 2 Windows XP desktops, and 2 network printers. Trying to figure out on my own from scratch how to network both Windows and OS X has been a "unique experience," but I finally got everything up and running, and all the units and printers are online. I am basically using the PowerBook to stream music and video to the family room entertainment system and the original installed Airport card (802.11b) was way too slow. Daniel's installation file was very simple to setup and I had the G4 Powerbook detecting the network using the USB N dongle within 5 minutes after 1 reboot. For some reason though, I struggled for several hours trying to get the PowerBook to recognize all my other computers on the network and establish internet access, especially with the Mac mini. I originally setup my wireless security on WPA mode with WPA-2-PSK authentication and AES encryption. The only way I could get the Powerbook to see the network was to change the setting to WPA-PSK authentication and TKIP encryption. Once I did that, the PowerBook immediately saw the network. After spending another hour changing the network settings on all the other units, I was able to get everything online. The data transfer speeds on the USB N adapter are good, ~ 3X compared to the AirPort according to the Belkin network monitor. I was expecting more, but to be honest I find all the data speed terminology confusing and I don't know if I had unrealistic expectations. I am now able to get relatively smooth wireless video streaming to my Powerbook hooked up to our HD LCD TV. I will get an occasional 1-2 second video hangup every 15-20 minutes, maybe I need N1 speed to solve this nuisance. I guess it would have been simpler to just use the Apple TV, but this allows me to continue using my vintage Powerbook and it was fun figuring it all out, thanks to Daniel! I hope Belkin staffers read these posts and convince themselves to provide better support for OS X users.

OP
T
Reaction score
Very Informative...

To RedmondMacFan,
Wow, that's great! It sounds like you had fun. You must enjoy a challenge and be stubborn like myself. I will keep pounding away till I get it figured out. I appreciate your "long post". I think it was very informative and should help others who are trying to do the same with their Belkin adapter. I enjoyed reading about your struggle and eventual triumph. Thank you for sharing.
Daniel

Reaction score
Thanks daniel for the drivers and instructions. So simple and easy once again thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have: 1 Powerbook G4 Ti 667mhz, 512mb,OS X 10.2.8 and TWO Powerbook G4's 1.33ghz, 512mb, OS X 10.3
Great Job Dan! Really awesome drivers!

OP
T
Reaction score
I would be happy to help.

Hello,
There are a few different drivers. In order to send you the right one I need to know your PID and VID. Instructions on how to find this information are on page one of this thread. Once you have that info send it to [email protected]. Please note that there is an underscore _ after totallybonkers. The line makes this hard to see. After I have the info I will be more than happy to send you the correct drivers.
Daniel aka totallybonkers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have: 1 Powerbook G4 Ti 667mhz, 512mb,OS X 10.2.8 and TWO Powerbook G4's 1.33ghz, 512mb, OS X 10.3
Thanks a million Dan! Now, my Mac gets a better signal than my PC! Your drivers and quick response are AWESOME! It was REALLY easy to install and use. My PowerBook G4 Performs better than ever!

Awesome job!

Reaction score
Totallybonkers Vs. Belking Official Support

I went to the Belkin official store and wanted to buy an external receiver to help me with the wireless Internet. They promised and swore it would work perfectly with Mac, (yeah, right.) Did not work at all even though they promised it would.

I tried to contact their troubleshooting support the same Saturday evening while searching for a solution on my own. Found totallybonkers post that he could offer assistance and sent an E-mail with the necessary information. He sent me the drivers the next morning that worked perfectly. Just click and I was up surfing, been working ever since.
I am still waiting for the official response from Bellkin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 DP G5, 2.0 Blk MacBook
..and wait you shall, Stetsko. :(
Ever since Dan gave me some pointers my the adapter finds my network after rebooting and or waking.
I did some digging around to see what drivers Mac-friendly companies use for their adapters. MacWireless, NewerTechnology and QuickerTek all use Ralink drivers and the USB app..except that they add their logo to the app :)
Only difference that I can see is that Dan's drivers are newer and I'll dare say whole lot more stable.

Now quick question for you all: in the Advanced tab of the USB Wireless app, can you pop-down the menu? Interestingly I can and see the 5G seelction which makes me wonder if this Belkin adapter can do 5g? Perhaps wishful thinking on my part :Smirk:

Reaction score
deleted post text - not applicable after reading entire thread

Reaction score
Daniel - you saved me from buying a new computer!

Just writing to say thanks for the drivers and help! Went out and bought the Belkin dongle, wrote Daniel a mail and less than an hour later I had the correct driver.

It works really well - got great signal and the driver is stable. Only small issue is that it, at times, has a hard time reconnecting after returning from sleep mode.

So, if anyone else has a defect airport card in the iBook G4 from late august 2005 this is certainly a way to get wireless again!!!!!

Thanks!

Martin

Reaction score
Daniel,

Many thanks for all your efforts in assisting me. The drivers worked a treat with my wireless N adapter.
Once again many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.