No iPhone SDK Today!?! Wrong IMO.

Reaction score
Hey guys...I am new here and am only 14...but...

I recently bought an iPod Touch and have been waiting for what seems endlessly for the SDK. I was [and am] afraid to jailbreak it, and the SDK looks like the golden way out, so to speak, and I am pretty sure Apple will release it tonight...even though they have literally said nothing since Macworld.

Well...unless I am wrong, someone please answer these questions in defense to the release tonight:

Why, on the day speculated for over a month as the day that Apple will release the iPhone SDK, did 1.1.4 come out?

Why, on the same day, does another update for iTunes come? (7.6.1)?

Why, on the same day, does Apple release new stuff for their Macbook users?

Why couldn't they have waited an extra two weeks to release the stuff on the Macbooks for the press to be able to cover the Macbook release along with the SDK?!?

All of these support the fact that the SDK will come out tonight. If I have missed something, please, tell me.

And keep in mind that where Apple is located, it is PST...meaning they still have plenty enough time for a major release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Apple doesn't release stuff at night, only mornings and afternoons. There was a special event scheduled for today but was postponed for sometime in mid-March. I believe Apple was supposed to make an announcement that the SDK was pushed to March to coincide with the delayed event.

1.1.4 was most likely just to hold people over for a little while. Since nobody seems to know what's really in it, it can only be speculated that it contains bug fixes and a few more files to prepare the iPhone for the upcoming SDK. Also, that 7.6.1 iTunes update came out a few days ago, not today.

None of what you have stated supports the fact that the SDK will be released tonight. It's simply conjecture on your part.

Reaction score
The iTunes update has been out for almost a week. Believe me, I'd love for them to release it "tonight" but it's not happening. Sorry kid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Hey guys...I am new here and am only 14...but...

I recently bought an iPod Touch and have been waiting for what seems endlessly for the SDK. I was [and am] afraid to jailbreak it, and the SDK looks like the golden way out, so to speak, and I am pretty sure Apple will release it tonight...even though they have literally said nothing since Macworld.

So you're "pretty sure" based on what?

Well...unless I am wrong, someone please answer these questions in defense to the release tonight:

Why, on the day speculated for over a month as the day that Apple will release the iPhone SDK, did 1.1.4 come out?

Because speculation plays no part in Apple's release schedule, and 1.1.4 was ready for release.

Why, on the same day, does another update for iTunes come? (7.6.1)?

Because the new iTunes update was ready for release. It may also be required for the 1.1.4 update.

Why, on the same day, does Apple release new stuff for their Macbook users?

Because it was ready.

Why couldn't they have waited an extra two weeks to release the stuff on the Macbooks for the press to be able to cover the Macbook release along with the SDK?!?

Because the iPhone SDK has nothing whatsoever to do with "stuff on the MacBooks."

All of these support the fact that the SDK will come out tonight. If I have missed something, please, tell me.

You have missed something - the fact that you're basing this SDK release date on.... nothing at all, other than random statements, not even guesswork. Apple will release it when they're ready, not when you think they should.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So last night has come and gone. Where's my SDK that you promised? ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So does that mean I was right? ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.