• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

paypal question

Reaction score
hey all. I thought I posted on this forum before but I guess not. anyway I have a question and have been searching a while for this and thought maybe by going to different forums I will receive an answer quicker than a reply from paypal themselves.

anyway! my paypal account was limited and I received another set of instructions to remove the limitations, but it seems to be very vague and brief. I don't understand it at all, because everything it tells me to do in the email, more toward the bottom, isn't anywhere to be found on the site. so I was hoping one of you could help me.

email:

We're sorry, but your account access limitation cannot be lifted at this
time. We need more information about your account before we can restore
full access to your account. Please complete the steps below so that we may
review your account further:

PayPal requests that you provide additional information regarding the all
of the payments coming into your
PayPal Account.

1. A full description of the item that was purchased, and the value of the
item.
If the payment was for a service, please describe the service purchased.
2. Confirm if you received the item or provide tracking if you shipped the
item.
3. Details of any other payments you sent or received that were related to
the above transaction
4. Please provide information regarding any relationship or business
affiliation that you have with the above party(ies).
5. Details of any other payments you sent or received that were related to
the above transaction
6. We would like to obtain as much information as possible about the above
transaction(s), including any email correspondence between you and the
buyer, in order to expedite this investigation.

also, Resolve All Outstanding Complaints

To review opened BC:

1. Our records show that the disputes filed against your PayPal account
have not been satisfactorily resolved. To resolve or appeal a complaint:

1. Click https://www.paypal.com/SRVCTR or copy and paste entire link into
the address bar
2. On the Transaction Dispute page, select 'Open Disputes' in the drop
down and go to the transaction in question and click the 'Resolve' button
in the action column
3. Read the status details of the complaint and click on the 'Resolve
Request Now' button
4. Select one of the resolution options listed
5. Click 'Continue' and follow the instructions provided

You can upload the information requested or fax it to us. To begin, visit
the Resolution Center and click Resolve under Steps to Remove
Limitation.

If you are faxing information, you must use the cover page provided by
PayPal. The cover page contains information specific to you and using it
ensures that your documents are routed and handled in a timely manner. To
print the cover page, log into your account and click on the fax documents
link on the "Limited Account Access Details" page.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If
your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to
the Resolution Center.

this is what it says when I go to "steps to remove limitations"

2ce216f.png

last night it was in review. I don't understand what it means by "information submitted." I don't know if that means they sent me an email? or if they are under the impression I sent them the information? because I didn't. I phoned them with credit card and social security details which was when it was "in rewview" but switched to Information Submitted. it has nothing for me to click. nowhere for me to upload the proof, nothing with Limited Account Access Details.

so if anyone can help me asap, it'd be great and really appreciated. I don't understand where to email or send the information requested unless I'm an idiot but their instructions were very brief.

if I had a small amount of money within the account, I wouldn't go through all this trouble in removing this false limitation but I'm kind of wanting the $500+ within it. this is what happens when you sell virtual things and lack shipping information. oh and I'm thinking it's possible that I could have received stolen money from various buyers. any information/help would be awesome. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This has to be a scam. Observe - I have highlighted at least one offending area in blue font:

We're sorry, but your account access limitation cannot be lifted at this
time. We need more information about your account before we can restore
full access to your account. Please complete the steps below so that we may
review your account further:

PayPal requests that you provide additional information regarding the all
of the payments
coming into your PayPal Account.

Poor grammar is one of the dead give aways of a phishing scam. You may have been "had"!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Gigabit 400 Single. 40GB , 1.25GB RAM. OS 10.4.11 Tiger
mac57 is on the money about a possible "more than likely" a scam.
The very first thing you need to do if you responded to this is to forward it to [email protected]
Then log onto the paypal site and put a transaction hold on your account ASAP.
You've been had my friend I'm afraid.
I get emails all the time from "so called" Paypal as well as fake "second chance " offers from eBay.
Any valid email from Paypal will address you by your full name in the subject.
Read the security policy while you are on the site and know how they communicate with you. It'll pay off greatly.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, and then of course ALWAYS be suspicious.
I forward every message that even remotely strikes me as off color, and always get a return from Paypal stating that it's bogus, and explaining why.
Don't mean to alarm you ...................wait, yeah I do !
While your case is in "review" your account may be going in the "negative".
Get it handled ASAP or sooner.
If you copied the body of the message, and you did not alter it, your full name is missing. A classic sign of a fake.
If your account is tied to a credit card for the ability to use "instant payment" via eBay or such, contact that card company as well to stop any activity. The bad part is sometimes the only way to do that is to cancel the account and start another.
My account is tied to my debit card, but that is tied to my account. I had to cancel the deit cards to protect the account.
My wife mistakenly replied to one of the fakes, but fortuately, she called me shortly after, and I promptly hung up on her after hearing her out, and called the bank.
No damage to the account, but a big hassle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
payapl sucks... what else can be said.
As a blanket statement, I disagree. Paypal does not appear to be the issue here (based on the info. provided thus far). Lots can said both pro and con, depending on your opinion.
They provide a service that they charge for (nothing sucks about that) as all for profit corps. do.
They have imposters as much as the next company. The imposters are who suck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15. 2.6GHz. 2GB. Airport Extreme Base n. iPod nano 8GB.
Well said fred, on both counts.

mac57 is correct. That is a obvious scam. Never click on a link in any email believed to be from PayPal, eBay or any other financial institution. If one of these, or any other business that has personal information on you claims there is or may be a problem, always sign in to the web site directly, and not via a link embedded in a email.

OP
C
Reaction score
oh no guys, I'm aware of phishing and am completely convinced that it isn't a scam considering I've spoken to paypal on the phone by now. they told me to contact them via the email contact us though it only allows 1000 characters to be typed. I don't understand that because I cant' defend myself much on 1000 characters alone so I'm assuming I'll have to provide links to uploaded documents. like I said, selling virtual stuff isn't the best way to go as shipping information can't be provided. and that's the only thing I dislike about paypal. they are suspicious about consistent payments coming to my account but really now, all I can imagine is that they can check the IPs or aren't oblivious to the fact buyers DO make false claims after receiving the item.

for those who thought it was a scam:
wv78sg.png

edited a bookmark, haha. thanks for the replies though, guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
oh no guys, I'm aware of phishing and am completely convinced that it isn't a scam considering I've spoken to paypal on the phone by now. they told me to contact them via the email contact us though it only allows 1000 characters to be typed. I don't understand that because I cant' defend myself much on 1000 characters alone so I'm assuming I'll have to provide links to uploaded documents. like I said, selling virtual stuff isn't the best way to go as shipping information can't be provided. and that's the only thing I dislike about paypal. they are suspicious about consistent payments coming to my account but really now, all I can imagine is that they can check the IPs or aren't oblivious to the fact buyers DO make false claims after receiving the item.

for those who thought it was a scam:
wv78sg.png

edited a bookmark, haha. thanks for the replies though, guys.
I got the EXACT same thing and cannot resolve this whatsoever! And it all started because paypal needed to verify my home address by mailing out something (I had since moved), because I tried to change my mailing address on a credit card. Regardless it went around in circles and no matter how many times I tried to "resolve" the issue, it never got resolved. I gave up!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
This just happened to me yesterday. Now I must confirm via a land line phone and I don't even have one. What a pain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess I stand corrected. The first post just sounded hokey to me. Thanks for clearing it up, though I can offer no help now. Never had that issue before.
Good Luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.