Repair schedule

I

ibmac'n

I understand that Panther does early morning optimizing. Does anybody know what days and time in the morning it takes place? My mac sleeps at night and I would like to keep it on during the repair process.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I believe cron jobs are done around 3:00-4:00 AM every day. Some tasks run every time, others every seventh time, and the rest every month.

There are a half dozen utilities that will let you do this either on command, or on a schedule you specify. You can also invoke them manually fromt the Terminal. The most common one is MacJanitor, but I'm sure others will add their favorites.

[EDIT: clarification]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
technologist said:
There are a half dozen utilities that will let you do this either on command, or on a schedule you specify.

Exactly. Rather than worrying about leaving the machine on at specific times, just download one of the applications that allow you to perform all the functions (and more) at your convenience. I personally prefer and always recommend Onyx. It's excellent, easy to use, and best of all, free. :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.