i bought MBP 10 days ago and....

Reaction score
i want to replace it with the new upgrade that was made today,
does somebody know apple´s policy, will they replace my mac
with the new upgrade if i will go to the store within the next few days?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The window is typically 14 days. However, if you've already opened it, then you'll have to pay a restocking fee.

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing. (bough mine 14 days ago:eek: ) The gentleman at the apple store told me I could either get 500 bucks back (I bought the 2499.00 version), pay the restocking fee, get the new base model with the difference minus the restocking fee back, or pay the restocking fee and get the 2.5GHz version.

They seem really nice about the whole thing. Good luck.

Scott

OP
K
Reaction score
is there a chance the new product wont be in the stock when ill come to the store on saturday?
how much is the restocking fee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If the new laptops are available in store right now, chances are pretty good that you'll be able to get one this weekend.

I believe the restocking fee is 10%.

Reaction score
What they told me was that if it wasn't in the store, that they could "work around" the 14 day thing, but I still had to bring my computer into the store today (which is the last possible day). I'm supposed to call back this afternoon to see what they got in their shipment.

The restocking fee is 10% of the computer cost.

Once again, good luck!

Scott

Reaction score
10% restocking fee. I recommend talking to them thru the phone ! They let me send in my 12 day old used mbp for a complete refund (they excluded the restocking fee!) so I would say try and talk to them, you may just get a nice guy on the line and let you off that restocking fee like they did for me !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
Good luck.

If you dont get a nice Guy/woman first time around call back.

I think it's a free number aswell :)

Reaction score
Wow they've gone all out on the upgrade! 250 GB hard drive, double the video ram and the 2.5 GHz processor. Mind you I'm still happy with my MBP from November :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
Im a little upset that I just purchased my MacBook about 2 weeks ago and paid to get the upgrades but I just don't want to deal with the hassel with the restocking. Is there a way to just some money back?

Reaction score
Well.. I did it. I returned my 14 day old 2.4GHz MBP and am now typing on my brand new 2.5GHz MBP. I did eat the restocking fee, but I figured it's the cost of buying one two weeks ago knowing there may be an update soon.

It seems to be quite a nice machine. That said, I'm at the airport leaving town for a few days so I can't put anything fun on it to test it out.

Good luck to everyone on getting new machines. I wish I could've talked them out of the restocking fee...

-Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anyone know if there is a way to just do some sort of money back or credit to the apple store because i live 3 hours from the nearest apple store and I got mine online. or for those that live near an apple store can you call them and ask them about this!? Thank you!!

OP
K
Reaction score
I can understand your frustration. if you have already paid, it will be
harder to get some of the money back but you can always write a letter or try calling them and hope they will listen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im sure i will be the 10000000th caller today...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Scott? And i just opened an Apple Store Chat to save my cell minutes and maybe they can give me some answers!! I sure hope so! and for all of you that are wondering the same idea i am ill let you know what the outcome is

OP
K
Reaction score
at least you will know you tried, and if its that important to you, i would go with the letter as well. good luck

Reaction score
Keter:

Did you exchange yours yet? Or was it this weekend you were going?

As for the apple store thing, I called them and they told me it was possible to get a refund for the difference due to the fact that if you had the 2.4GHz machine yesterday it was 500 bucks more than it is now. I didn't look into it much beyond that regarding if you had to get into the store or if they could just credit your card...

-Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.