• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Store down

Reaction score
They've taken the store down... i wonder how long will it be before its back up..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ,1GB memory, 80GB hard drive Mac mini + 8GB iPhone. <3
The suspense is killing me! D:

LOL, I love it when the store is down. It brings a little excitment to my boring little life :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
That little yellow post-it kills me.

Come back up! Maybe there is an update... :Evil:

Reaction score
*begins foaming at the mouth and twitching anxiously*

Well, I know what I'll be doing this morning: butt planted in front of the comp, refreshing the Apple store every 5 minutes.
And furiously fapping of course. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
i hope there is something new and awesome or a huge giant sale just for me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
should be back up soon....

come on :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
They are upgrading the MacBook line. The mid range MB will upgrade to 2,4GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD |

Lets wait and see ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
wow.

MBP got what was comin to them. cant remember when theyve updated MB same time as MBP.

nice to see standard 256 8600 in the MBP now.

MB got 2.1ghz penny now

oh well, off to microcenter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
find it quite underwhelming to be honest a very very small boost in processor speed and some larger HDDs.

SORRY! looks like the UK store hasnt been updated the same as the USA one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
wow.

MBP got what was comin to them. cant remember when theyve updated MB same time as MBP.

nice to see standard 256 8600 in the MBP now

MB got 2.1ghz penny now

oh well, off to microcenter

The base model still only has a 128 in it, which is not worth the money, i would have bought one today if they had bumped that up to a 256.

EDIT:

SORRY! looks like the UK store hasnt been updated the same as the USA one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Do you think it's a safe time to buy a new MBP or should I wait?

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i guess now would be a good time to invest in a used MacBook too, eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Some good deals on the refurb site right now, im really tempted!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Whenever they do a mild update like this, it makes be breath a secret sigh of relief, because if they ever do get around to doing a major overhaul, I'll be forced to buy a new system!

Outside of the multi-touch addition, I was also a bit unimpressed by this. I didn't have any expectations, but it seems like Apple is always sitting a few months behind everyone else in terms of the latest common hardware. For example, the processors now go up to 2.8, but Apple is still at 2.6, even though 2.6 was already an option before this update. (and who's going to pay $250 for a 0.1 boost in their processor??) And when you consider the fact that 2.5" drives are now up to 500GB, you would think they would have at least offered a 320GB drive as an option. But the most you can get is 300GB, and that's only for the 17" model. The 15" only go to 250GB.

Oh well, it keeps me content with my current MBP, so I should be happy for that. Looks like people in general aren't too happy as Apple's stock is continuing to fall today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Hmm, very disappointing.

*ahem* I mean, OOOOOOH 102.4 MHz added to the base MacBook along with an additional 40GB Hard Drive?

Apple never stops being revolutionary! ;P

Reaction score
has any1 noticed that on the standard pricing it has a 512mb gfx card on the 17 inch but in the education store its onli a 256mb on the 17 inch =S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
Well looks like I am waiting another few months before I buy. I am going to hold out until this horrible design goes away. Here is the list I will hold out for:

-HD Screen in 15"
-New Keyboard
-Magnetic Latch
-Case Redesign
-Blu-Ray Drive (Not Required but would like to see)
-Included Apple Remote (I Will Use Front Row alot)

I don't think those are to crazy of request. I am not mad about the recent update, but I will hold out till the true full design update! In the mean time I am making lots of interest on my Mac fund!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
I was pretty happy with the new macbook updates, as i plan on buying a white one in a few months so having the 2.4 c2d and 2gb ram standard is pretty nice...Although it sucks you have to buy the apple remote separate now! Oh well the system still winds up being cheaper for me now :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 4gig RAM. 2nd gen 8gb ipod nano
I was pretty happy with the new macbook updates, as i plan on buying a white one in a few months so having the 2.4 c2d and 2gb ram standard is pretty nice...Although it sucks you have to buy the apple remote separate now! Oh well the system still winds up being cheaper for me now :)

I'm not! i bought a black macbook less than 2 weeks ago. D'oh !!!!!!!:Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.