For the Record

Reaction score
Well I got my new Imac...2.4 24" I put 4 gig ram in it. I was really worried about it running my windows game I like..VanGuard. I have never had an Apple anything and didn't know what to except. Well just so you know..it runs Windows better than my windows machine..it runs VanGuard which is the most graphic intensive game I have ever seen, flawlessly and I love learning about and playing with Leopard. This is gonna be fun....
1 question..my 4gig ram only shows up as 3 gig on my windows side...XP Pro. Is that the most XP can see..thanks...

Reaction score
Yes...if you want the full amount of ram to show up, you'd have to upgrade to Vista. Grats on your purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
yep from my understanding xp can only run 3 gigs of RAM.

Glad you are liking your imac

Reaction score
Congrats, and I have to admit I'm a bit surprised. Vanguard is a pretty intense game in terms of graphics in an MMO. I would not have expected the iMac graphics to really be up to snuff.

I just got a Mac Pro myself partially for the GeForce 8800 GT video option. I haven't brought myself to corrupt it by putting Windows on it yet. My real preference is to simply find more Mac compatible games and avoid Windows completely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Yes...if you want the full amount of ram to show up, you'd have to upgrade to Vista. Grats on your purchase.

No you need 64bit Vista or XP, 32bit Vista has the same 3GB limitation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.