PS3 and Medialink ... Amazing!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I just thought I'd share this in case any other Playstation 3 owners are looking to connect / stream music, movies, etc wirelessly from a Mac to the PS3.

I bought a PS3 last night, then searched the web for an app o connect my Mac to the PS3... and found... MediaLink.

Wow!!! it is soooo awesome. I can now watch movies on my big screen TV that are stored on my Mac (and apparently External Drives as well) wirelessly... even High Definition content.

I had been hesitant to buy a PS3 for a while... but now... It's essentailly a high-end gaming console, a Blu-Ray disk player, and a psuedo-AppleTV all in one!

If you are interested it's $20 (well spent IMO)

http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink

medialinkSplash.png

Reaction score
would this allow you to use a macbook as your screen to play games on your ps3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
dang dood...that looks sick, make sure you let us how that goes... PS3 owns :Evil:

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I am interested in knowing how this works as well if anyone has any feedback to share.

I've been using it for 3 days now... it works perfectly... I have watched multiple movies (.avi) on it... I love it! The PS3 has a really awesome (IMO) Visualizer of the Earth that I have used while listening to music streamed via MediaLink.

I haven't yet tried any High-Def movies... though I have heard that it won't yet stream .mkv files with the file going trough some sort of "passthrough" process.

mat

Reaction score
I just got a PS3 and downloaded the trial of MediaLink and am not having much success.

My iMac can see the PS3 in the MediaLink pref pane, but the PS3 can't connect to anything. Are there any settings that I need to tinker with to get it working? I can go online wirelessly on the PS3 so I know it is talking to my Airport.

Thanks.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ride,
i'm considering getting this, mainly for the file copy feature. how easy is it to copy files to and delete files from the ps3's photo, music, and movies folders? can you do a screenshot maybe?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.