Leopard and Vista

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.2Ghz C2D 1GB RAM 120GB HDD 8x Superdrive
i have both operating systems a desktop with vista and a macbook with leopard. iv only had my macbook for about a month so im still prety new to OS X. is there a way to network the two of them to share files (music, movies ect.) i found a guide for tiger to xp but it seems that some of the settings are a bit different for leopard. can anyone give me a link if there is a guide that they know of, thanks.

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to OS X myself, but I would hazard a guess that your source of differences here in the guide are going to be more on the Windows side than the Mac side. I say this based on my belief that XP to Vista is a MUCH more significant change than Tiger to Leopard. I'm sure that someone here will be able to provide you the details that you are looking for shortly.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
Try searching this forum at the top.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I always assumed you could set up a shared folder of some sort. Are you running Vista via Bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I have a sort of similar setup here at my home, and I've had no problems with setting up a share on Windows (XP, not Vista, but sharing is about the same) then using Finder (Go -> Connect to Server) to connect without much problem.

Specifically, what is not working for you, or what is your question? Your initial post is a little vague one where you are having the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.