help please....do you guys think that Apple is gonna fix it

d@n

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is Dan.

Thanks for clicking on my thread.

I don't know what's wrong with my MacBook Pro, I bought it on dec. 23/07....

my trackpad has been acting weird for a few days already, every time that I move it, it just goes left and right and it takes forever to move it around the screen...... after I reset the laptop it works fine but after 20 mins it goes crazy again.

This evening when I turned it on everything was ok but guess what???? the backlight of my keybord is not working right.... only the middle lights turn on....

do you guys think that apple will take care of this issue???? did I do something wrong???? should I get an extended warrnty?

thanks for your advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looks like some hardware issue. Fortunately, your Mac comes with a one year warranty, which you still have lots of time left on.

Call up your local Apple Store and schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar. Take it in, explain the problem, and they should send it out to either get fixed or if it turns out to be a lemon, offer you a replacement.

And be sure to backup all of your important files and documents before sending it in for repair.

OP
D

d@n

Reaction score
thanks for your advice....I'm actually in lubbock, tx and the closest Apple store is in Dallas...5 hours away :( .... I was browsing on the apple site and they listed a computer service center that it's not an apple store...I'm wondering if they work on the warranty...

I went to best buy to talk with the apple rep. that sold it to me...and said that I need to get in touch with them.... it might sound like I already know what to do but I would like ur advice or perhaps someone had the same issue..

thanks kash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Give Apple a call and tell them of your problem. They'll either direct you to an authorized repair shop or send you a box to place the laptop in and send it directly to Apple for repair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.