• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Feb. 26 Apple Event??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
After reading that link, it looks like the SDK might not be coming out for another two weeks. That sucks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Mid-march? "sigh"...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Well there will be some sort of event this week.As some know i have posted information regarding a mac book air i ordered for my wife.The merchandise date for delivery was pushed to March 6th then out of the blue there is an email stating that the merchandise has been shipped and it is expected to be at my office by This Wednesday.So i am wondering how come i received $200.00 knocked off of the original price?And why such a speedy up the process for delivery???I called and spoke with a "salesman" and was told do not open any merchandise that i have purchased until after this week.No further information was given and since the merchandise is all standard and not a specified configuration i will be granted a full refund and or exchange of my choice.So once again?who knows......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh weird.
must be a macbook air update already?

Thats what im honestly thinking.I mean most people do not know that with the last update they have included the macbook air software.You can find this in Applications>Utilities>(and the remote install mac osx is located there.I purchased a mac book air for myself when they first arose.And installed the software on my home network machines.I purchased all iMacs for the employees that work for my company because they are much easier to use,teach and self learn.Long typing cut short.All the iMacs within my company have been updated to the newest 10.5.2 which one of my employees noticed that the function was there and was there on every mac (25 to be exact)within my place of business.so as i said..who knows?Maybe they plan on knocking money off of the original price.I know that they also took $9.00 off of my wifes super drive that i ordered for her mac book air as well....Im thinking a price cut,maybe the rising of a new mbp.Only time can tell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
the MBA is quite expensive for what you get with it.

its much more than just a "premium" for size. no thanks.

they are dropping the price by 200$, watch and see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3
Store's back up. Updated MacBook's and MacBook Pro's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the MBA is quite expensive for what you get with it.

its much more than just a "premium" for size. no thanks.

they are dropping the price by 200$, watch and see.

I ended up paying 1,400.00 for my wifes Mac book air(with superdrive)TOTAL!Thats after tax and all!The reason they kept dropping the price is because (now im told)By this summer there are a newer version of the mba that will arise with a faster processor and they want to push these out the door basically(well be able to drop the price so that consumers can have their try at them).My wife was kinda of mad when she noticed the new mbp's on the site and we were still waiting on her mba to arrive.I called and they graciously and quickly refunded the money for the apple care protection plan as well as to refund 50.00 for the "inconvenience" I was told earlier this week that when her mba arrives to hold off on opening it until the end of the week.Which proved to be true(I posted this information in another thread).But this is what she wanted.

Reaction score
you got quite the deal on that then.
congrats man. besides the new mbps are nothing to write home about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.