iMac running slower from latest update!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gig RAM; 500gb Time Capsule; 16gb iPod Touch
Any thoughts on this:

Earlier today I opened iTunes to play some music and it popped up an update for iTunes to version 7.6.1. It also had a Leopard Graphics Update version 1.0. So I told it do the update. The computer restarted and now the computer is not running as smooth as it was before. Everything is choppy now. Typing this is a little annoying. We have only had the computer for a week and have not been adding any software except for a couple of widgets and any updates from Apple.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

JD

OP
R2-JD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gig RAM; 500gb Time Capsule; 16gb iPod Touch
Never mind. It is better now. I powered down the computer and re-started and it runs normal again. It did a re-start for the updates but I thought I would try turning it off and on again and it fixed it. Not sure why???? but ay least it is running good again.

JD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Usually after major updates it runs a little slow as it has to re-update cashes and re-index spotlight and all that junk, happy it's running smoothly now!

OP
R2-JD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Usually after major updates it runs a little slow as it has to re-update cashes and re-index spotlight and all that junk, happy it's running smoothly now!

Thanks for the info. That is nice to know.

JD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.