Running Windows 95 Games on Crossover

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread, but it seemed like the best place to ask. I bounce back and forth between some topics, but any help is greatly appreciated and welcome.

I recently picked up Crossover, for the sole reason of playing some old PC games on my new iMac. Frankly it works flawlessly for this purpose and I have been able to install and play many of my old favorites that I haven't looked at in almost a decade.

However, I have a handful of games that will not install saying "Must run on Windows 95" or something like that when I try to install them.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way around this issue, or if my best bet is to dust off my copy on 95 and install it on my iMac to play these games.

Here's a list of the games:

Riven (sequel to Myst)
The Space Bar
Rocket Jockey
Obsidian
Escape From Monkey Island (the first three don't work either, but I'm able to play those along with some other LucasArts titles I have on the SCUMMVM)

Also, Riven and The Space Bar both have mac versions on the discs, but they are for mac "classic" and I've been having one **** of a time getting any of the virtual machines running. If someone could direct me to a very precise step by step process of how to get a classic mac OS on an intel mac, I'd be greatly appreciated. I've tried SheepShaver, Basillisk, and a couple others and just run into a ton of problems. Perhaps I'm not savvy enough to handle this process.

Does boot camp allow you to install a previous Mac OS? Also, I've been trying to install the free copy of OS 7 distributed by apple if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help I get with this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.