brightness

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hi...i have 2 minor issues with my new MBP...first its the brightness...sometimes when i set my brightness to 3-4 notched below the max its pretty bright..& sometimes that seems dull & i have to max it out...cant figure it out...the second is a problem i seem to have mainly while typing in the google search box in safari...more often than not the first letter does not register...this problem is different from all the other keyboard related issues coz i have installed both the keyboard updates apple released...the issues they address have been resolved....anyone else notice these problems? or have any ideas?

(MBP 2.6GHz, 2GB, 200GB@7200, Leopard 10.5.2 with all updates)

Reaction score
The brightness problem doesn't really make any sense to me and I've never really heard of anything like it. The second problem sounds like it could be a safari problem. try installing firefox which also has the google search tool and see if it works on there.

Kial

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hmmm...yet it hapens...it maybe sum kind of automatic sensory setting...maybe dependent on ambient light...not too sure...the second however seems to only happen in safari & not all the time either (maybe i dint type the first letter out correctly on all those occasions...who knows?!)
anyhow...as i said...minor issues...wanted to know if others notced anything similar...

Reaction score
Hi Rohan

It seems like we are having the same problem.
I got my mac yesterday (24. feb), it´s a fully upgraded MBP, everything supposely being the best you can get.

When I am typing, the brightness of my screen goes low/high randomly. However, this problem does not occur when I have brightness maxed out.

I used to think (that would be for a couple of hrs...) it was because of low battery, but as I am writing this reply, having full battery, the problem still persists.

If you get any help, please tell me! It is getting quite frustrating.

Cheers

Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
I think this is something to do with the auto ambient light sensing. When I use my macbook pro on my lap in low lighting the screen light and the keyboard backlight goes up and down as I type. This is because I cover the speaker grills on either side of the keyboard as I type and this is where the sensors are.

To see the effect just cover both speaker grills with your hands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
Same here, but i think it's normal (and I like it) - seem slik setting is relative to max brightness at given outside light level that sensor detects.

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmm....i know about the auto adjustment thing...theres a checkbox in the display pref pane that lets u enable/disable it...but the thing is...that there are times when max brightness is required for things to look right & at other times i can take it down three levels & it looks good...what i cant get over is this "double standard" if i may cal it that...
anyhow...this is a minor problem...dusnt boher me too much...but i have managed to cook up a much more annoying problem for myself...but its os x related so ill be posing it there :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.