Help! In your opinion...

Reaction score
Hi there,

Im soon to be getting myself a mackbook. Either the 2.ghz or the 2.2 ghz. Im very new to mac and still quite young so it is all a new experience for myself! I am planning on using the mac for mainily internet use, a few photo downloads and editing, i tunes and maybe the one game.

Will this mac book run the sims? Or will it run the civiliazation game? Which laptop do you thing would most likely be the best? I also have seen a lot of people mentinoning they have upgraded the ram is this an easy thing to do? Or does it take a lot of time and the brains to do it to?!

This is my last final few questions before I go for the buy so if you could get back to me with any help what so ever that would be great!!!

Thankyou

Reaction score
upgrading ram is really easy to do and will be essential if you're running a game like the sims. you will definitely love your macbook and will not be let down by your purchase

OP
S
Reaction score
thankyou, where is the best place to buy ram? I get a corporate discount via apple but it is not a huge amount off probaly around 20quid extra off.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
newegg is where i got my ram upgrades, good prices, gives you reviews as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
thankyou, where is the best place to buy ram? I get a corporate discount via apple but it is not a huge amount off probaly around 20quid extra off.

Cheers

Apple's memory is notoriously overpriced. Upgrading is a fairly trivial matter, you can find documentation for doing so here.

I recommend Crucial for memory. It is top quality, reasonably priced, lifetime guaranteed and compatibility is guaranteed when you use their online memory selector tool. The UK version of their webstore is available here.

Reaction score
Always get my RAM from Crucial(UK) too. Service and quality is top notch, if you order early enough in the day it will usually be delivered the following day!

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok thankyou, and it is quite simple to get into the macbook is it? My compaq is really confusing to get in to and so may screws to take out! Do you think I should go for the 2.2 instead of the 2?

Thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
Ok thankyou, and it is quite simple to get into the macbook is it? My compaq is really confusing to get in to and so may screws to take out! Do you think I should go for the 2.2 instead of the 2?

Thankyou

Can you spare the money?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.