Time Capsule now available for sale

Reaction score
I saw both models (500 GB- $299.99 and 1 TB- $499.99) in the Best Buy weekly circular today (Sunday, Feb. 24). Now that we can buy these, reviews and tear-apart articles should come soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bottom-of-the-line MacBook
Ugh... I was assured by the guy at the online Apple Store that the fastest way to get one was to pre-order it. Guess he wanted that commission. :(

I need it NOW because my older router busted.

OP
D
Reaction score
I may have provided false info, based on what folks have indicated on another forum. It seems they were told that Best Buy will not have the units for a couple of weeks. I apologize for this, but nothing in the ad told me that this was any sort of pre-order affair; it implied that you could just walk into one of the BB's that carries Apple products (not all of them do), and pick up a Time Capsule right off of the shelf.

It's possible, I suppose, that BB expected to have the units by now, and they composed and printed up the ad based on this assumption.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I was at a Bestbuy earlier today and i did not see any time capsules for sale.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Apple employees don't work on commission. But yeah still not available. Says it ships in February so hopefully soon. If you pre-ordered you will most likely get it the day before the stores or the same day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I called an apple store in early February and they said they had in store, so I drove down there at like 100 mph and when I got there they were like, sorry sir, we don't have them, and we have no idea when we will. I was pretty mad, last time I trust their phone operators!!

Just called again, they said that they still have no idea, but since it says February, they said within the next week!

Reaction score
I went to the Apple Store in Glendale Galleria today and they told me they have limited quantities of the 500gb. As much as I am deliriously tempted to buy it on the spot, I unfortunately need to get my wify's approval first - not looking good I might add. Sigh!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I picked up a 500 GB a few days ago. When I first heard about the Time Capsule, I was convinved I would get the 1 TB version, but after time to think of what I would use it for I realized that I would only need back ups for system wide failure and needed to reformat, or deleting something that I need. What I won't need is something that has not been on my harddrive for over a month, decided to save the money and go with the 500 GB. Besides, the whole point, in my opinion, of the Time Capsule is to free up laptops from having to be straddled down to a desktop with external devices attached.

The concept alone of the Time Capsule blows me away, that's why I knew I had to have it. Now I can save the money to buy an Apple TV, that is, if I can convince myself I need one.

On a critical point, the only problem I have had up to this point with the Time Capsule is that i have noticed twice that Time Machine was not backing up, had to go in and choose the Time Capsule as my back up. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.