• iMovie
  • iPhoto
  • iWeb
  • Safri
  • Email
  • Game's (Not sure about this)
  • other thing's I find on the web
  • Office

Im now thinking of the Mac Mini would that do the job for that list?

Reaction score
It depends on the RAM you have.

If you're thinking of a G4 Powerbook, I think it can pretty much handle what you've got.

But won't 800 BPS buy you something better?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
It depends on the RAM you have.

If you're thinking of a G4 Powerbook, I think it can pretty much handle what you've got.

But won't 800 BPS buy you something better?

Thanks for the reply.
I think I might think of a Mac Mini 1GB of RAM.
That should do the trick right?

Reaction score
The 20" iMac at £799 is much better value in my opinion. http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=7B7236A0&node=home/shop_mac/family/imac

It's a far better computer than the Mini, having much larger hard drive, dedicated graphics for gaming (OK not the best but far better than the integrated ones in the mini), built in eye-sight (Web-cam), new style apple keyboard and mighty mouse and an impressive built in 20" screen (The mini comes without monitor, keyboard and mouse if you weren't already aware).

These machines are basically a work of art. Where in the UK are you? Can you call into an Applestore or reseller to compare the different models? (Be wary of PC World as they usually have out of date models on display)

You can later order an extra gig of RAM to install yourself from Crucial for £15.
http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=A75455E1A5CA7304

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 20" iMac at £799 is much better value in my opinion. http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=7B7236A0&node=home/shop_mac/family/imac

It's a far better computer than the Mini, having much larger hard drive, dedicated graphics for gaming (OK not the best but far better than the integrated ones in the mini), built in eye-sight (Web-cam), new style apple keyboard and mighty mouse and an impressive built in 20" screen (The mini comes without monitor, keyboard and mouse if you weren't already aware).

These machines are basically a work of art. Where in the UK are you? Can you call into an Applestore or reseller to compare the different models? (Be wary of PC World as they usually have out of date models on display)

You can later order an extra gig of RAM to install yourself from Crucial for £15.
http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=A75455E1A5CA7304

The iMac does LOOK good but I can already use most of my PC stuff with the Mac Mini and do I really need a HUGE hard drive? and IF I want can always get an external one more cheaper.

I just though maybe I could get applecare as well IF I was to get the Mac Mini

BUT.... I can see what your saying.
I am also not sure that the iMac will fit on my desk.

Thanks I will think about it.

Reaction score
The iMac does LOOK good but I can already use most of my PC stuff with the Mac Mini and do I really need a HUGE hard drive? and IF I want can always get an external one more cheaper.

Fair enough, the Mini should be fine for your needs.

I just though maybe I could get applecare as well IF I was to get the Mac Mini

Personally I never bother getting Applecare, as I feel it is too expensive for what you get.

As you get 12 months warranty anyway, I usually go on the theory that if anything is defective in your Mac then it is most likely going to go wrong in this period. (I have had 5 Macs over the last 13 years and not had a problem with any of them).

£129 for Applecare on a Mini seems an awful lot of money to spend on the slim chance that something goes wrong 2-3 years down the line (By this time you could probably replace it from ebay for the money you would have spent on Applecare).

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fair enough, the Mini should be fine for your needs.

Personally I never bother getting Applecare, as I feel it is too expensive for what you get.

As you get 12 months warranty anyway, I usually go on the theory that if anything is defective in your Mac then it is most likely going to go wrong in this period. (I have had 5 Macs over the last 13 years and not had a problem with any of them).

£129 for Applecare on a Mini seems an awful lot of money to spend on the slim chance that something goes wrong 2-3 years down the line (By this time you could probably replace it from ebay for the money you would have spent on Applecare).

Yeah well I will listen to you I wont get applecare.
I haven't thought of it like that be for.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.