USB Hard drive problem

Reaction score
I am using an NTFS formated USB hard drive with my mac, Using paragons NTFS for mac software so I can read and write to it.

Its worked fine for a few months but recently i get the error message "sorry, the operating could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred. error code -61" when I try and preform actions, yet I can still navigate the contents of the drive.

Could anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What version of OS X are you using, is it 10.5.2

paragons NTFS seems to have issues

You could uninstall it and try MacFuse as a replacement or until Paragons fix the problem

http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/

OP
I
Reaction score
I have OSX 10.5.2

would you recommend macfuse? Do you think its this software issue or something to do with the hard drive?

Update:
Just uninstalled paragon NTFS, restarted the USB hard drive was not even showing. I then installed MacFuse core, restarted and I cant see my USB hard drive any more.

OP
I
Reaction score
yes, i have uninstalled it. I went through the uninstaller that came with the package. When I did this I can no longer even see my hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.16 Ghz 3GB Ram OS X 10.4.11 VMFusion 1.1.1 Super Drive
I have Paragon installed, and am running VM Fusion 1.1.1 for Windows XP. In Fusion, I'm able to see my Western Digital 250 GB USB External Drive, (partitioned with two partitions FAT32 and NTFS.)

Everything worked fine until last evening. The WD shows up in Fusion, everything is there as is the Superdrive. However neither shows up when I exit Fusion. I can eject the WD in Windows, shut it down along with Fusion, plug the WD back in, the blue light is on showing its getting power, but it doesn't mount or show up anywhere in OS X.

I've read somewhere that there has been a problem with the latest OS X update and USB drives. I'm still searching for a fix someone says they located regarding clearing the cache, installing some extensions and something else. However, they didn't bookmark it so still searching.

Don't write off Paragon yet as the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.