Is 1 GB enough for MacBooks?

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a black macbook and I'm torn between ram! 1 GB vs. 2 Gb......I just don't know! And upgrading is pretty expensive with mac! So is it worth upgrading now? And is 1 GB enough for the new mac OS?

All I plan on doing is internet, msn, aim, essays, maybe some picture editing, and music! Just normal things, I'm not a gamer.

I'm just looking for some advice! Anythin would help!!

TWM

Reaction score
1 gb worked great with mine, and then i updated later on with crucial.com when i did it, it cost about $80 to upgrade to 2gb. it might be cheaper now. you can upgrade your ram yourself won't void your warranty! So my opinion would be to buy it with 1gb then upgrade it later.

Reaction score
I plan on buying a macbook pretty soon and all im going to do is by the white 2.2 ghz macbook with 1 GB ram and then instead of paying the extremely high price of going to 4 GB at Apple im going to go to crucial.com and spend 100 bucks or so and get the upgrade and do it myself. Simple as that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I would go with 1 gb and if needed later get an upgrade for like 50 bucks. save your self a lot of money, and it is quite easy for installation on macbooks

OP
T
Reaction score
Did you have to install it yourself? Because I have no idea how to do those things! I'm not computer smart at all! But thanks for your advice!

TWM

Reaction score
its really really easy, and is described in detail in the owners manual

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks!! Do any of ya'll have a black macbook? Do you like them? What about the white ones? I want to keep it in good condition...and I know each one has there cons :( I guess asking for perfection is too much! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I upgraded my RAM from OWC and the RAM came with color instructions on how to install it.

You pay a premium to go with the black Macbook. If black is worth $100+ to you then get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2
Thanks!! Do any of ya'll have a black macbook? Do you like them? What about the white ones? I want to keep it in good condition...and I know each one has there cons :( I guess asking for perfection is too much! lol

It's really a personal preference. I like the white ones because there are too many dark-colored notebooks out on the market and I just want something a little more unique (that, and I like the color white in general).

In terms of maintenance, I think of it like a car: white gets dirtier easier and stuff like smudges will show be more apparent, but scratches will show up on black more clearly :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.