Problem installing drivers on Vista Ultimate 64 bit...

Reaction score
I put the Apple Leopard DVD in with the drivers on it and it installed some of the drivers, but I got this error message about 2 or 3 times.
"Service key agent failed to start. Verify that you have sifficient privalges to start system services." with 3 options, Ignore, Abort, Retry.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this????
This is on a Macbook Pro by the way

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
64-bit versions of Vista are not currently supported by Boot Camp, unfortunately.

OP
W
Reaction score
Yea they are actually...Apple released drivers for it in Jan. I've also read of people successfully installing them.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea they are actually...Apple released drivers for it in Jan. I've also read of people successfully installing them.

Really? First I've heard of it. A cursory search of Apple's support site yields no mention of updated drivers. Link please?

EDIT: Found this article. Apparently this for for late 2007 and 2008 Mac Pros only, which would explain the problems you're having with your MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
cwa is correct, the 64-bit drivers are only for the Mac Pros.

Some people have tried to use them for the coinciding parts in the other models, but there are still a few devices that do not have 64-bit drivers, not to mention the fact that it takes quite a bit of tinkering to get the Mac Pro drivers working on the other machines.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gotcha, Does anyone know about Windows XP 64 bit?

AFAIK, it's the same deal. 64-bit drivers just haven't been written for all the different drivers for the entire Intel line-up. It sounds like support is limited to the latest generation of Mac Pros.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.