Address book syncing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Ghz Core Duo Macbook; 4G RAM; 200G 7200RPM HD; Leopard
I am new to Mac and to this forum - but really like both!! I am, however, having some trouble and hope maybe someone can help.

I am trying to sync my contacts from my MacBook to my .Mac trial. It seems to have copied all of the contacts to .Mac - but not all of the info for all contacts. Appears to be a random problem. I have synced again and it is still not picking up all of the information.

Any thoughts?

And this as I am evaluating the product for possible purchase - not looking good!

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Ghz Core Duo Macbook; 4G RAM; 200G 7200RPM HD; Leopard
Interesting - no one else with this issue or ideas why it is occurring?

Maybe I posted to the wrong forum...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
On the machine with the more up to date address book select sync preferences and making sure your account details are in place click on the Sync tab.

Click on "Synchronize with .Mac" and make sure JUST contacts is selected below.

Click on Advanced and wait for the list to populate then select "RESET SYNC DATA..."

***At the top of the new window make sure "All sync info" is selected and that the arrow under the globe is selected (an orange arrow will move towards the globe once you have) and then click on replace.

Agree to the following questions and you will have written over whatever is on the .mac server.

Now go to the other computer and do the same right down to "***" once you get to here make sure the arrow is going the OTHER way.

You should find that it works now.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.