Really Weird Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 4th gen 20gb iPod in the last week has gone really weird.
When I connect it to my macbook, the ipod display says do not disconnect like it would normally but it doesn't show up in iTunes.
Second problem.
Is that when I'm scrolling through artists or albums it will randomly just go back to the menu, also with this problem when you select a song it will just go back to the menu.

Has anyone experienced these problems.
If so, how do you fix them?

Reaction score
i've never experienced the second problem but the first one i certainly have. try to quit itunes and reopen it, it could also be a loose usb connection. you could try to restore your ipod and check for any software updates and it could fix the second problem and maybe even your first problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah thanks.
Ive tried quitting and reopening iTunes a few times with no success.
I'll try with a different usb but i dont think that will fix it because it gets to the Do Not Disconnect screen - so I feel the computer recognizes it.
Is there any way of restoring it without using iTunes?

Symonator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
you should restore your ipod when is connected to itunes,it shows up when the process is done.it happens to me a lot too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
and you can always check apple's ipod trouble shooting pages,i guess there was something called five easy steps to solve all your ipod issues..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.