can't access certain websites

Reaction score
This problem has just developed over the last few days. Browsers will not load certain websites, some regular ones are ok but I'm having great difficulty getting into others. Sometimes I get the 'your not connected to the internet' message and sometimes they just time out. I'v reset, emptied cache etc to no avail. What's the problem?

Powerbook 10.4.11 netgear dg834g wireless. (aol)

Reaction score
Sorry not an answer jsut saying I've got the same problem.

Having same problem as Stanley above. If you dont mind I thought I'd back up your question.

Rrecently turned to the Mac way of life, got a new MacBook 2.2Ghz Intel Core Duo, connecting to internet wirelessly.

I can use the Wifi at work and at my girlfriends folks house and it all works perfectly. At home the wireless stopped working properly about 3 days ago, (possibly due to me doing al the new Mac updates that were available that popped up when I opened itunes for the first time, possibly not).

The problem is that certain websites do not load, ones that used to work fine. Examples are:

ebay.co.uk, .com works fine?
yahoo.co.uk i can login to my mail but cannot view any emails or send any, it just hangs trying to load them.
Facebook, it loads and some parts work some do not, a
also apple support pages I can follow links but if I do a search it just stops going.

I have a PC in the corner where the wireless router is also connected and everything works fine through that. But that is plugged straight into the router.

So I assume it is due to some host/firewall settings in the router, I've searched a good 20 websites trying to find the answer, but no one seems to have one that works.

I have tried firefox and safari, I've tried clearing the wifi connection through key chain and network system preferences, and reconnected. I tried lowering the connection speed, I've tried turning the router off for 1 minute to clear the address.

if you've got this far any help would be much appreciated, otherwise I may have to buy another router which is a shame as it was working fine last week.

Cheers Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
I'm getting exactly the same problems in the last few days.

Really slow response, unable to access some sites, getting "you are not connected" messages.

I run diagnostics on my wireless connection (Netgear and on AOL) and sometimes I get the 2 red lights for internet and server, sometimes it tells me I've entered an incorrect address (when I haven't - honest). This has been happening for the last 2 days or so.

I've done 2 things:

- loaded an i-tunes update
- used Onyx to clear all caches (including system ones).

Sorry I haven't an answer for you - just support in the knowledge you're not alone!

Reaction score
Exact same problem as nickyr on a MBP... I've been noticing these problems for the past week or so and its been disgusting...

OP
S
Reaction score
The problem has eased but is still there. Somedays its fine and others it's not! I have had this since the recent security update from apple.

?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.