Ibook updates..

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
First, no one knows the specs. No one knows if they even exist. No one can answer you. Try squeezing some info out of Steve Jobs, because you wont get anything here...

OP
T

The mac 13

Absolute Zero said:
First, no one knows the specs. No one knows if they even exist. No one can answer you. Try squeezing some info out of Steve Jobs, because you wont get anything here...

checked Jobs' blog.. no such update reported..

OP
T

The mac 13

ok the dual core thingy.. is it the same as intel's hyper threading?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No it's not...

Don't ask me what the differences are, but hyper threading is a different technology...

Dual core is more like 2 processors in one i believe.... (not dual processors though!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
The mac 13 said:
checked Jobs' blog.. no such update reported..
Your a funny character... justonemorething.com isn't really is blog.

OP
M

m1k

iBooks were last updated, along with PowerBooks, in June 2004. Expect updates every 6 months (about), following Apple's update pattern. That would mean the iBooks would be updated probably around Christmas.

Following Apple's pattern, that is. So don't trust me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook/iBook updates were in April.

OP
T

The mac 13

m1k said:
That would mean the iBooks would be updated probably around Christmas.
QUOTE]

Hmm..thats abut long i must say.. but if tiger is comming out nxt year, and christmass is kind of nxt year, shd apple wait for tiger to b final then release the new ibook with the final tiger?

P.s whats alpha software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well last time the update was in november i believe so I'm guessing we'll see an update around then.

In time for christmas, but with enough time to avoid christmas delays.

Sorry if I was wrong about the hyper threading, i didn't think it was the same thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The mac 13 said:
Thats hyper threading.. hmm..

No it's not. A Hyperthreading CPU still only has one core, even if in Windows or Linux it's shown like a dual CPU. It kinda simulates a dual CPU, but doesn't have all the same advantages.

A dual core CPU actually has two physical CPU cores on one dye, which means it is two CPUs on one dye, except of having two seperate CPUs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.