No bluetooth?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased an iMac G5 from my work and am just getting used to it. I have noticed however there is no bluetooth. Under system preferences there is no icon for bluetooth and under system profiler > bluetooth, it says no information found.

Now yes this sounds like the computer just came without bluetooth, but i'm pretty sure that the module is there, right underneath the airport. Could it be that it went bad, or is this not the bluetooth module?

Thanks!

Attached is a picture of the bluetooth module.

bluetooth.png

Reaction score
Did you unscrew your imac to take that pic? Anyway, I don't have one, but I am nearly positive that they have blutooth. Anything in the user manual or on the apple site?

If you tried that, as I've said, I don't have one, so I have no idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MP single 2.8 GHz quad core, 8800 GT, 2GB, 500GB; iMac 1.83 GHz, 2 GB, 150GB, ext dvd and drive
I'm having the same problem with my 2008 Mac Pro. After leopard 10.5.2 bluetooth module 'disappeared'. With the graphics update it returned. Everytime I rebooted bluetooth disappeared and on system profiler it said "no information found". There seems to be some problems with bluetooth as my Google search has found. However I haven't found a consistent answer or fix. Anyone???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.