How does boot camp work?

Reaction score
Do you also have to buy the Windows OS or does it come with it? How do you use boot camp? I know nothing about it. But if I get a mac I would like to be able to switch operating systems so I can play games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
no you have to have a copy of windows, bootcamp just makes it possible to run windows on an intel mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Boot Camp is simply a partitioning program and boot loader. It lets you section off a part of your hard drive and then lets you install Windows onto that section, which you can then boot into by holding a button on your keyboard as you restart.

And yes, you will need a full copy of Windows, either XP or Vista, as it is not provided with Boot Camp. You can either buy a retail copy, or save a lot of money and get an OEM copy from an online store such as Newegg.

OP
M
Reaction score
Boot Camp is simply a partitioning program and boot loader. It lets you section off a part of your hard drive and then lets you install Windows onto that section, which you can then boot into by holding a button on your keyboard as you restart.

And yes, you will need a full copy of Windows, either XP or Vista, as it is not provided with Boot Camp. You can either buy a retail copy, or save a lot of money and get an OEM copy from an online store such as Newegg.

OEM???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.