Airport Base Station & Airport Wireless card

D

Daniel_Pagan

Like a previouse posting I just got a brand new G5 (made the switch from PC to MAC) I ordered the G5 with the built in Airport Extreme Card, and went out and got the Airport Extreme Base Station, so here is my question.

I have a cable modem and I hooked it up to the base station, the G5 says the airport card is working fine but that it does not get a signal from the base station (and i moved the base station rite next to the tower just to be sure) I then tried to hook it into the lan port and it said it has an ip address, but i could not ping anything or get onto the net. Anyone have any sugjestions? I was a hard core PC guy so if this was XP i could own this in 5 seconds, but this new mac layout has me confused and i thought that all the new macs had the same internet protocal as pc's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The card should just recognize the base station when it's on. Did you check to make sure that Airport is turned on for your Mac? You should see an airport icon up near the clock on your Mac.

OP
D

Daniel_Pagan

Ya, its on, made sure to check that. Tried to set up a network when the pull down menue of the airport card showed, but that didnt work. I think it might be my isp, not sure why... but I have only got it to assign a valid ip once, now all i get is 169.blah blah blah, and i know that a bad one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Check the Base station settings and set up the network from there, name it, check the security settings etc from the Airport Admin Utility (or set-up utility)....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.