problem with my universal dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I got a little over-protective of my iPhone, tried some clear sticky things which was a nightmare so have bought an Agent18 case for it.

I was pretty impressed that it ships with a dock adapter as it obviously no longer fits in the iPhone dock. The odd thing is that when I plug the iPhone into my universal dock I get a message on screen to say this is not an authorised accessory.

This is a genuine apple universal doc that works fine with my iPod classic and the 5.5g iPod video.

Any one else seen this or no if its a problem?

Reaction score
Its not a problem, it just means that the speakers will be muffled as there are no holes in the bottom. I have the same case, I just take it off to charge it, its much better to use the included dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Yep, I get the same thing in my universal dock at work, and my aux/charger in my car. It's really just saying that this accessory wasn't made to work with the iPhone. That's a common warning for any accessory you plug it into that wasn't specifically made with the iPhone in mind, simply to warn you might get some interference, and offering you the option to go into airplane mode to avoid that.

OP
RNDdave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Yeah, it did mention the plane mode.

Thanks for the info people - it all helps :)

Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.