Where is the best place to get ram?

Reaction score
2.8 MacPro, coming sometime next week.

When I was configuring my build, I noticed that 32GB of ram was $9100 :Shouting:

If ram is that expensive, I've gotta know the cheapest places.

Recommendations anybody?
I'm doing some research on it as well, I'll post updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
2008 model?

http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cfm?Category=2726&RequestTimeOut=500

Good speed as well, 800. I don't think they make a GHz model yet, we'll see, but Newegg sells a slower ram for about the same price. You really can't lose with that site, it seems. It was going to be my birthday present to myself but a monitor seems to have taken up that spot now, so let me know how it works out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
OWC (www.macsales.com) or Newegg. Make sure you get the correct speed for the machine, and be aware that it takes Fully Buffered DDR2 (FB-DIMMs), not regular DDR2.

OP
M
Reaction score
Search results

First, I'd like to thank you guys for submitting multiple places I could go to for my memory.

I've checked the websites and compared prices and these are my findings:

Mac Connection

These are for the 2 x 2 GB modules, and Mac Connection's sale price is listed at $639.00 with free shipping with any order over $99, which expires 29th of this month :Sleeping:

Transintl

Transintl had a way better price at $218.00, but I'm not sure about if they offer free shipping, as I clicked on their shipping policy link and it just gave me a 404 error.

OWC

OWC has 265.99 as their listed price which doesn't even beat transintl, and I'm not sure about their shipping either :Sleeping:

I also found another site, MemoryAmerica and they seemed to have the best price I can find at $210.00 for the 2x2GB.

I thought there had to be a catch, with shipping or something so I asked them about it via some live chat helper and found out they also provided free shipping with orders over $99.00, and even free shipping with USPS with orders even below $99.00.

I'm considering buying from them, but the website isn't as pro as all the other ones I went to, though all their ratings and customer reviews seem enough for me to trust them.

Have any of you guys have had some experience with them?
Sorry for asking so much, I just like to save moneys ;D

*edit

Newegg
I checked Newegg out. Newegg is at 229.99, which still doesn't beat the 210.00.

Hmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would choose Trans or OWC because of their lifetime warranty. I've never dealt with Trans but I use OWC for all of my upgrade needs. They ship the same day. I live nearby so shipping is less than $5 and it arrives next day.
The heat sinks on the MemoryAmerica DIMMS looks weak. They're much smaller than the Apple spec version.

M

MacHeadCase

Another vote for OWC : they have good quality for a fair price. With RAM, I never look for bargain brands : the stability of the system is just too plain important to me to try and save money versus experimenting kernel panics that render your Mac unusable.

And OWC has a lifetime warranty as was already mentioned so if anything should go wrong with your order, you get a replacement without any fuss on their part. I have referred two friends to OWC, I have done business on a few occasions with them and no problems whatsoever with their products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" Alu | 2.0Ghz C2D | 2GB RAM | 250GB HDD | Snow Leopard
Well personally I agree that bargain RAM is a bad idea. Even if it works initially, it might not last that long before it stops working. I bought a cheap 1GB module and it simply didn't work in my iMac, it was properly installed but the Mac would not boot up with it. After that I decided to get one from the Apple Store - it was £90 but it works perfectly - and I know its guaranteed quality. Buy cheap buy twice as the saying goes....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.