Can't wait untill the next Windows *shudders*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
When the next Windows OS comes out my Windows PC will be to old to upgrade which means a nice new shiny Mac for me (espicaly since this XP machine cant have Vista *shudders*on it). :D

I will say Microsoft *shudders* made Vista that made a mess and that I wouldn't want anything to do with Microsoft *shudders*.

BUT until then it's rubbish XP *shudders* all the way.:Angry:

And apparently God is a Mac user

http://blog.xwell.co.nz/2007/02/god-is-mac-user.html

have a look it's a bit of fun

DARN look downwards

means I would have to upgrade to vista

HELP!!!! I don't want Vista

And my parents are not going to let me have another PC or a mac until this is on its last legs.

Reaction score
By the time the next usable Windows OS comes out, not one of us will shudder. All of us, including the newest generation, will be dead (shudder).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
No unfortunately Windows 11 isn't expected till 2011... you sure you want to wait that long!?

Reaction score
Im not sure but I think there is a Windows OS coming out in 2009 not sure tho.

And apparently God is a Mac user

http://blog.xwell.co.nz/2007/02/god-is-mac-user.html

have a look it's a bit of fun
The life'07 pic says the "next life course" started on Feb. 21.

Darn. I missed it. But since the city in the pic looks like Toronto, I've been there, done that. So I know all about he-double hockey sticks. No course needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
XP IS the next version of Windows. It goes XP then Vista then XP. Honestly though what is with the hate for Microsoft and the obsessive shuddering? Seizures? XP is actually a fine OS that is very stable and easy to use if you use decent hardware and browse the internet responsibly.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No unfortunately Windows 11 isn't expected till 2011... you sure you want to wait that long!?

I'm not sure I do but I think i'm going to have to DARN PARENTS :Angry: :Angry: :Angry: :Angry:

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
XP IS the next version of Windows. It goes XP then Vista then XP. Honestly though what is with the hate for Microsoft and the obsessive shuddering? Seizures? XP is actually a fine OS that is very stable and easy to use if you use decent hardware and browse the internet responsibly.

It's ok but I really want a Mac no viruses and the road to the easy life what more do you want?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But with OS X, it's much easier and safer to browse irresponsibly.

LOL irresponsibly darn right im dangerous on the net and I want to be safe doing it I go on to any site i can put the mouse to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
It's ok but I really want a Mac no viruses and the road to the easy life what more do you want?

Every time I see someone say this I cringe alittle inside as such boasts will only draw the attention of the Virus coders in the long run. Mac OS is not immune to virus' by a long shot. It just flies under the radar. The more the Mac community makes claims of immunity from them the more likely we are to get our collective feet handed to us for dinner.

Reaction score
Mac OS is not immune to virus' by a long shot.
Check out the virus threads on this site, and those threads/posts that debunk the so-called low-market-share, under-the-radar myth.
Every time I see someone say this I cringe alittle inside as such boasts will only draw the attention of the Virus coders in the long run.
Really, don't worry about it. The odds are astronomically long that this thread would fire up the determination of a virus coder to write one for OS X that works.

If a virus ever is successful, it won't be because the coder is determined to prove this thread or any other wrong. Mac-Forums, good as it is, is not the New York Times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Every time I see someone say this I cringe alittle inside as such boasts will only draw the attention of the Virus coders in the long run. Mac OS is not immune to virus' by a long shot. It just flies under the radar. The more the Mac community makes claims of immunity from them the more likely we are to get our collective feet handed to us for dinner.

Ah no - not the old security through onscurity argument.

Reaction score

its actually windows 7

and i dont see any probs with vista. beside the resource hog, but once u get 2gb of ram and there is no probs with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
If I didn't frequent 4chan so much, I might've just gotten another Windows PC.

;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
OS X does fly under the radar. Whats the point of hacking a bunch of home/idiot users? Making them miserable and upset doesnt mean a thing... and it sure doesnt get you a job if you are good at it. ;)

Windows has all the enterprise markets... the stuff that actually matters. I am not saying Apple doesnt have any... but more than 90% of fortune 500 companies are using windows/linux or combinations of the two... not Apple setups.

If you dont think popularity plays a part in how hard someone tries... just look at the iPhone... patched/updated time and time again, yet everyone still finds a way. It gets tougher each time, but people are still doing it.

Reaction score
If you dont think popularity plays a part in how hard someone tries... just look at the iPhone... patched/updated time and time again, yet everyone still finds a way. It gets tougher each time, but people are still doing it.
They're still doing it with OS X in Macs, too. Where's the blood on the streets?

You've attempted to switch the topic from viruses to attacks.

Soldiering on, anyway: Attacks on OS X are made by the thousands, likely millions, every day. All I need do is open the Firewall log to see them pile up like flies. But they get nowhere, and Apple keeps on top of any potential new holes by patching them, usually before the black hats are aware of them. The "news" media never mentions these, though there are multi-millions of Macs running the same system as iPhones. But iPhones are new, so they get the ink. Besides, the iPhone "attacks" are hacks, so your entire argument, such as it is, is dissolving like a teaspoon of sugar in the Pacific Ocean.
Windows has all the enterprise markets... the stuff that actually matters.
Yep. Bots target enterprise Doze machines because they're so much more important.

Using the well-known Scale of Importance, it has been found that enterprise computers outrank home computers 3,500 to 1 in the pecking order. That's because companies from multi-billion-dollar, world-wide conglomerates to mom-and-pop corner stores are too stupid to run firewalls and anti-virus apps, unlike the situation with home machines, protected up their yin-yangs against viruses, but, thereby, making them far less important. No self-respecting enterprise machine would have an IT department guarding it. The machine is just too important for that drivel.
OS X does fly under the radar. Whats the point of hacking a bunch of home/idiot users?
You're asking the wrong crowd. Millions of Dozers have pet zombies in their homes and don't know it. So it's a huge point. But millions of Mac users don't have zombies in their homes — and they know it.
OS X does fly under the radar. Whats the point of hacking a bunch of home/idiot users?
You revealed yourself as an amateur in your first sentence. You shouldn't come out from under your bridge until the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
Fair enough to say.

I didn't know Canadians had any fight in them at all.

I don't like to get into it on Forums. All I was trying to say is visibility matters when it comes to choice of attacks and viruses. At this point... OS X and Apple, are very low on visibility. Regardless of what you think and how much you love Apple, they may, and I hope, never become as large as Microsoft.

I can't tell you how much I love coming home to my Apple and not having to worry about crap. I work on Windoze machines from mom and pop shops, to large retail chains, to our own fortune 100 company. Trust me... I don't want to go through what I do with Windows at home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
The Taliban in Afghanistan only wish.

Right you are.

I wasn't trying to be insulting with that remark either, I work with people in Winnipeg everyday... they just always seem to be without problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.