spoiled superdrive

Reaction score
iMac G5 exactly two years old

Okay, still waiting for a replacement for the superdrive (has been three weeks now) and my warranty ends in about ten days. Tried to burn a DVD last night on iDVD, but "error in the multplex" kept coming (this message is very new). Could it be the burning program? BTW, used Verbatim DVD. BTW, burned a CD audio on Verbatim and work wonders. Used the DVD verbatim that didn't work to burn a iDVD to back up files and worked wonders. Now why the heck does the iDVD burner doesn't work? In a year, I have used the Superdrive at the very most five hours.

Thanks

Superdrive works fine with CDs and DVDs made by the music and movies industry. But for a few weeks, have trouble burning audios CDs
(error power calibration for thismedia etc...) and now DVDs.

Another question: as I don't trust the Apple tech service geniuses (they have already "changed" my superdrive a year ago, well this is what they say) and screwed a bit my Quicktime movie program (there is a thin band on the left of the screen) when they sent back my iMac, I am planning to buy a third party DVD and CD burner. In case of major system crash, can I use this third party to restart the computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.