Questions about bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8GHz Core Duo Extreme, Ipod Touch 16GB
hey guys, sorry if these questions are answered somewhere else in the forum, but i need answers and fast, im also not fully mac literate so sorry if the questions seem obvious because they probably wnt be for me lol

right after moving to the new intel iMac (which is amazing), ive recently missed windows for gaming so i have decided to use bootcamp to get windows so i can game on

but im confused with some issues

questions are...

1) when XP is installed does the graphics card/sound card have the drivers already installed?

2) how do i switch back to mac when i want to? only want windows for gaming so it will be often, i know that you need to press the options button when booting up???? but i have no idea where that is lol XD

3) can only the 32bit editions of XP and Vista on run on my Mac and not 64 bit

4) which should i get XP or Vista?

heres my set up if it helps

Intel Core Duo 2 Extreme 2.8GHz
RAM 2GB
Graphics Card ATI Radeon 2600HD
OS X Leopard 10.5.2
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

any help much appreciated :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
See answers to your questions in CAPS.

1) when XP is installed does the graphics card/sound card have the drivers already installed? OS X INSTALL DISK WILL INSTALL THE NECESSARY DRIVERS IN YOUR WINDOWS PARTITION.

2) how do i switch back to mac when i want to? only want windows for gaming so it will be often, i know that you need to press the options button when booting up???? but i have no idea where that is lol XD. OPTION KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD.

3) can only the 32bit editions of XP and Vista on run on my Mac and not 64 bit. 32BIT ONLY ON VISTA.

4) which should i get XP or Vista? AS BAD AS XP IS/WAS, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PUNISH YOURSELF WITH VISTA?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
when you boot up holding down the option key on your keyboard - a screen will appear where you can select your os

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.