My Turn!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
:D :D :D :D :D

I did it! I just ordered my refurbed MacBook from Apple. I also bought my wife a refurbed aluminum iMac. And ordered memory upgrades for both from crucial.com. I'm so excited!

:D :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Congrats on ordering the new macs. You gonna install the new memory before you start them for the first time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
I'd recommend you installed the RAM before you started them up ^^ Because once you start these up you won't wanna shut them down ever xP and also because there's no point in waiting, it's dead easy to do :) just pop the casing off and put the new units in, there's how to's all over the web, I did my MB (the RAM and the HDD) myself and I've had no problems at all :)

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
I installed the ram upgrade before I even powered up my iMac for the first time. Also very easy to do... one little screw, pop the panel off, pull out the old, in with the new, replace cover and BAM! you have some elbow room in the ram department. It takes a while to figure out the mac's mouse procedure, especially the right-click function.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats on ordering the new macs. You gonna install the new memory before you start them for the first time?
Yes, I'll be installing the memory prior to starting them up. I'm so pumped!

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man, I'm so excited! 12+ years of Windows and I'm seeing a light down the tunnel!

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just received notification from Apple the the machines have shipped. I only ordered the this morning! I can't wait!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I just received notification from Apple the the machines have shipped. I only ordered the this morning! I can't wait!

Yayayayay! Thundercats are goooooooo!

Reaction score

Not bad. I just got my iMac at 3:30 today and it is 9:09. I LOVE this machine. Although I need a mousepad. The Mighty Mouse doesn't work too good on paper...

Reaction score
Not bad. I just got my iMac at 3:30 today and it is 9:09. I LOVE this machine. Although I need a mousepad. The Mighty Mouse doesn't work too good on paper...

If you have a notebook with the kind of thick yellow folder/divider that works great in my experience :)

(note: I do, in fact, have a real mouse pad)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
my advice is to not install the upgraded ram until after you turn it on and give it a test run.. that way you know after you put the new ram in and get a kernel panic what the cause was.. and you don't worry about your system as a whole.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my advice is to not install the upgraded ram until after you turn it on and give it a test run.. that way you know after you put the new ram in and get a kernel panic what the cause was.. and you don't worry about your system as a whole.
This sounds like solid advice and I am going to adhere to it. Besides, it gives me a reason to play with the new toys a little longer! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 1.33MHZ
HAHA well done....anchor the wife at home with the imac, while you galivant around with the macbook....well done sir :)

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HAHA well done....anchor the wife at home with the imac, while you galivant around with the macbook....well done sir :)
Shhhh! She may starting reading this forum! ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.