Leopard System Requirements

Reaction score
I have a blank second hand MacBook with no operating system. I know nothing about it or the specifications of it, so when i read the system requirements of Leopard:

1. An Intel processor or a PowerPC G4 (867 MHz or faster) or G5 processor.
2. A DVD drive.
3. Built in FireWire.
4. At least 512MB of RAM.
5. A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer.
6. At least 9GB of disk space available.

How do I find out if my Macbook will support Leopard?

It does say on the back of it amongst other stuff:

"TM and copyright 2006 Apple Computer Inc."

Thanks.

M

MacHeadCase

Go to the menubar to the left and click on the Apple logo. Choose About This Mac and click on the More Info... button in the window that opens.

You'll get the full rundown of every thing that is on and in your Mac, hardware and software included.

OP
C
Reaction score
How do you do that if there is no operating system on it? There's nothing on it, no apps etc. When it's turned on it just shows a folder with a '?' on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
M

MacHeadCase

That's what you mean by blank... I thought you meant it was a fresh install.

Insert the restore disk in the optical drive, boot from it holding down the Option key.

I think once in, you might be able to get some info from there, at least the basic hardware. Not sure though.

And if you don't have the restore disk, since this is a MacBook (Intel) you do make the requirements for Leopard anyway. So go ahead, buy it, it'll work.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for that so I've now got the serial number, but how can I use this to find the spec?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.