Mail Email Addresses w/o Address Book Contacts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I have an annoying problem of typing the wrong email addresses into mail and then sending them off to find out later that the email address bounced back because i typed it wrong. Then once I go back to type the real email address it wants to guess the wrong one, so I am stuck retyping it over and over because the other is saved in the mail memory/cache/whatever.

How do I go in and delete these mis-typed email addresses one by one?

TIA,

jdgti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Not at the mac right now, so can't remember exactly which menubar item it is, but look att he menubar options and find the one that says "recent" that will allow you to go in and delete the offending address. Sorry I can't be more specific, but if you look you will find it.

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
nobody...knows??

Reaction score
I think skybolt was talking about in the Window menu > Previous recipients. Try removing the wrong addresses in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Yes, that's it. I periodically go there and delete all my "previius recipients" just to clean it up. Does not affect the address book at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.