genius bar screwed my computer!!!

Reaction score
i took my computer in to be serviced. now my quicktime doenst work when i want to view .mpg and other files on safari. a faded quicktime logo with a question mark appears now. any ideas? quicktime works when i open the application itself up to view my own filed but just not on the internet.

next problem

my itunes wont connect to the itunes store. it says could not connect to itunes store. make sure your connection is active and try again. I am able to go on websites just fine which is weird. i checked the network status in the system prefrences and it says im connected.

PLEASE HELP ME

Reaction score
In Safari, go to Preferences / General
Make sure Open "safe" files after downloading is checked.
Also...do a Command+I on one of your mpg files & make sure Quicktime is selected as the default app.

As far as iTunes, update to the latest version & make sure there is no firewall that is blocking access to the iTunes store from where you are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I would take it back to the genius bar and explain to them the problems and tell them none of it started happening until you got it back from them.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just sounds to me like the system was probably reset or restored.

Download and re-install Flash and Perian.

And maybe try just re-entering your user name / password in iTunes.

Might save ya a trip back to the store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.