USB to Parallel?

Reaction score
I am attempting to use a parallel printer (no usb port available) with my macbook. When I received the printer, it came with a bafo bf-1284 usb to parallel converter cable, my macbook recognized the cable but called it by another device name, the printer worked and everything was fine until I unplugged the usb to parallel cable but now when I plug it back into my macbook it does not show up in the usb connected devices under the system profiler. Does anyone know how I can get my macbook to see this device the way it did when it was initially connected?

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Have you tried restarting, with the cable plugged in and restarting with it unplugged? (then plugging in)?
Wouldn't hurt to use Disk Utility as well. (Repair permissions and Verify Disk)
(applications/utilities)
Also, try different USB ports?

OP
V
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting, with the cable plugged in and restarting with it unplugged? (then plugging in)?
Wouldn't hurt to use Disk Utility as well. (Repair permissions and Verify Disk)
(applications/utilities)
Also, try different USB ports?

Using the disk utility to correct and verify the permissions did the job. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Could be possible the cable itself isn't working..Have you tried disconnecting the adapter from the printer, make sure nothing is bent or broken? Printer is powering up? (Sorry, have to ask...)
Check System Profiler and see if the port is ok. (applications/utilities)
Have another computer to try?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.