Adesso wireless keyboard reset issue

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini Intel Core Duo which I use as a HTPC.

I use an Adesso wireless keyboard / mouse trackpad. I have been running tiger for a year with this setup and recently I did the auto updates for Tiger.

Since then, when I use the Adesso keyboard, I have to take a battery out and put it back in for OSX to recognise the keyboard again. It works fine without a hitch unless I leave the keyboard alone for around 30 mins. Then, if I want to use it again, I have to take the battery out and put it back in.

I've upgraded to Lepoard and I have exactly the same issue. However, when the upgrade was actually taking place (which takes about 1.5 hours), it booted off the CDROM, and the keyboard worked flawlessly even when I left it alone for over 30 mins.

However, when OSX finally booted up properly after the upgrade, back to the same issue.

It's as if there is something in one of the OSX updates that causes this issue.

It's obviously very annoying to take the battery out and back in every time I want to use the thing - especially if I am watching a movie and want to pause it half way through by hitting the spacebar :)

Has anyone any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Upgrading causes some problems if you go through MacForums.

Suggest uninstalling software, using Uninstall if on CD, search web for updates, if any, and if not install Adresso software and let's know how you go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.