Is it possible to install XP then upgrade to Vista in boot camp?

Reaction score
I have XP Home on my Boot camp drive right now but am thinking of going to Vista. I only have an upgrade disc for Vista right now so I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the XP version to Vista. I read this and is why I am concerned...
Important: You must use a single full-install Windows installation disc (Service Pack 2 is required for Windows XP installations). Do not use an upgrade version of Windows and do not install an earlier version of Windows XP and attempt to update it later to SP2 or later. Use only 32-bit versions of Windows. If you have a Mac Pro introduced in late 2007 or later, you can use a 64-bit version of Windows Vista.
That's from the install info for boot camp. Can anyone verify if you can or cannot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
It's worth a shot. If it says "do not use an upgrade version of Windows" then it may not allow it. It should tell you at the beginning when you put the cd in if it likes it or not.

Good luck!

OP
W
Reaction score
I read it wrong, by earlier version of windows it means Windows 98, 2000, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.