Won't power on w/ new adapter

Reaction score
Hi all, I was on this forum under a different username before but it was so long ago I've forgotten the password, and have since changed email addresses. Anyways, I have a Powerbook G4 I bought recently that didn't come w/ an AC adapter. (from eBay) It powered on when I first received it but only had about 2% battery life, and went into standby soon after loading into OS X. I just bought an AC adapter for it. After plugging it in it won't turn on. In the auction listing it claims to work with all powerbooks. The adapter itself on the back says "iBook". I honestly wouldn't think it would make a difference but then again I thought I'd check? Could it be a standby issue? If it's neither standby or the wrong adapter then I'd assume it'd be a pmu board or something else hardware related.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Check the specs of your machine as there are numerous model PowerBooks and iBooks to see if the adapter should work.

OP
T
Reaction score
Check the specs of your machine as there are numerous model PowerBooks and iBooks to see if the adapter should work.

It's model M8407. The AC adapter doesn't have a serial no. It just says 45w and for iBook. It does have a serial no. howerver- 4601357.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Should work if they are both G4's. Return it or try in another machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.