HELP!! Network wont show files?!?!

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why it is that when i open my network drive, it shows the files for about a half second then just disappears? We tried pluging the drive straight into the computer and when thats done, it shows all the files. We also tried using other harddrives to see if the airport was bad or something but when we open the other drives, they work. It seems to only flash the files for a half second on the drive that we use, which is a G-Drive, if that makes any difference. The other drives that we had tested were Lacies. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
I need to know asap thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
No idea if it's related but I had a similar problem with my MacBook when I did a clean install of Tiger. Basically I'd click Go>Network to pick up my iMac and it would flash up the Network screen for half a second and then nothing. I found that updating the Airport Utility solved the problem. Maybe that might help you?

OP
P
Reaction score
yea thats exactly what its doing and we have no idea why. we updated the firmware and nothing helped. its for work so i have to figure this out soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.