PowerBook G4 fell...

Reaction score
Hi everyone:)

Hoping someone can give me so insight on this. This past Monday, I accidentally dropped my powerbook g4 12" notebook from a height of about 10-12 inches from a chair to a carpeted floor, I think the impact was mostly confined to the monitor. I've owned this computer since 2005 and have always taken excellent care of it-so this is the first time it has fallen. The monitor has a huge crack across the screen, so I know I need a new monitor, which I can deal with. Unfortunately I have a bigger issue with it than that. It was on when it fell, and I was able to browse the internet, ect. just fine. However, after I turned it off, it will not restart. It gets stuck on the first screen-the one with the mac logo and the swirling loading circle. I've tried starting in safe mode and such, but it will not get past this point. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? Why would it be working fine and then after shutdown not be able to start up properly?Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks a lot:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.