Upgrading RaM outside of Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2gb ram, 120gb
hello, im new to the MaC so im still learning. I got the regular macbook with 1gb of RAM but i wanted to upgrade to 2gb of RAM. I've seen other sites selling RAM that i can install myself, but how good of RAM is it?
Does apple use better RAM or such?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I also recommend Crucial.com (not that I have anything against OWC). Great service and fast shipping, very competitive prices for top shelf memory.

Also note that as a user-upgradeable part, it will not void your warranty to install your own memory.

Reaction score
just to add another option you can try www.newegg.com great prices with reviews on all the products. apple is way over priced on their RAM for no reason and you're not going to have many problems with RAM that doesn't come from apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
You might check the guide linked in my signature... it should answer all of your questions.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2gb ram, 120gb
thanx guys for your suggestions! im going to go ahead and look into those sites and upgrade ram!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.