Financing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Wheni was buying my macbooks on the apple website you could pay over 24 or 36 months ( however i bought my macbooks outright at the time ), but now im looking at getting a pro and would like to pay over 24 months but the option seems to be gone now, did apple remove this?

I think the life of a laptop is two years at best so i would be very reluctant to pay it over 3 years as i see it being completely pointless.

Thanks for any info!

EDIT: Im not a switcher my thraed has just been moved here for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD
Hmm...you could just go for the 3 years and pay it off in 2 years.

Just a thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
I think Apple (in UK at least) has recently changed the provider of finance, my son also wanted a 2-yr deal but had to take 3-yrs.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Thanks, quite disappointed by that! I believe you can pay it off early but you still have to pay the extra interest that would occur over the final year so you have to pay for 3 years regardless instead of two. Been trying to find a re seller or anything that does two years but most seem to only offer 3 or 4!!! Yikes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD
I'm not sure of the details but it might be worth checking out.

From http://www.apple.com/uk/financing/consumer/faq.html

"Can I pay my agreement off early?

You can settle your loan agreement at any time. Simply write to Clydesdale Financial Services and they will calculate and send you, your settlement figure. Just so you know, your settlement figure and date are calculated in line with the Consumer Credit Act."

Kat

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I'm not sure of the details but it might be worth checking out.

From http://www.apple.com/uk/financing/consumer/faq.html

"Can I pay my agreement off early?

You can settle your loan agreement at any time. Simply write to Clydesdale Financial Services and they will calculate and send you, your settlement figure. Just so you know, your settlement figure and date are calculated in line with the Consumer Credit Act."

Kat

Thanks i read that earlier but it does clarify that they have changed who they do the finance with as it never used to be clydesdale bank. Had some bad experiences with them in the past so i think i will give it a miss. Thanks!

Must now just try to save up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
You might go to your own bank and see if you can get a computer loan directly from them. They'll probably push for you to use a credit card, but a loan for buying a computer will likely be at a much lower rate. Tell them what you want and see what they'll do. You can even try another bank or two and see who will offer you the best deal.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.