Safari Crash After 10.5.2 Update

Reaction score
So is it just me or does Safari seem to crash a WHOLE lot more after the 10.5.2 update? Mine has been crashing 5-10 times a day here lately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Never had a crash on X.5, 5.1 or 5.2. Does it happen when using varying applications? Still believe Safari has its share of problems.

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
Nah, mine just seems to crash whenever it decides to. I can not seem to pinpoint it to one certain thing that causes Safari to crash. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. Is everyone having pretty good luck with Firefox Beta 3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" Alu | 2.0Ghz C2D | 2GB RAM | 250GB HDD | Snow Leopard
Mine doesn't seem to crash at all now I've installed the update.... I love Safari!
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No better or no worse than prior to X.5.2/1 updates. Struth must have filed literally hundred of bug reports to Apple. Suing the new bata version Firefox 3 and find it superb with the exception of password reminders which needs a help now and again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Safari 3 sucks on me. Everytime I open a link on a new tab (apple + click), or I close a tab (apple + w); the program crashes. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Sure, the 3.0 update fixed my autofill problem (not prompting to save form values); but it sure is inconvenient. I've been using Firefox for days now, and I miss Safari. :(

M

MacHeadCase

If you are using some Safari add-ons such as SafariBlock or Saft, make sure you have the latest versions.

I also find that sites using Flash seem to cause some type of memory leak in Safari somehow. Most notorious are Flash-based game sites : some of those games bring Safari down quickly for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Nope, I don't use any add-ons at all. Safari still crashes a lot though, especially during the situations that I posted in my previous post.

Reaction score
Hmm, Safari hasn't shut down on me at all. I dunno, maybe I'm not going to the right sites :)

I never use tabs. Don't know if that would really make a difference.

Reaction score
Safari crashes

If you find out what the problem is, post some info - I am using System 10.4.11, and Safari has been crashing repeatedly for the last 2 or 3 weeks - never any trouble before that (and I've been using it since it came out) - unfortunately it crashes all the time now. I have started using Firefox - I'm not used to it, but it works well, which is more than I can say for Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x 2.8Ghz Xeon, 6gb RAM, 64gb SSD, ATI 6670 | MacBook (2008 2.2Ghz, 2gb RAM 160gb HD)
Damm Necro Sorry guys... Didnt mean to wake a dead topic, I read the title Wrong My bad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.